Return to Index  

always a good time for a rant.

August 13 2010 at 10:03 AM

Kate  (Login kateothelamp)
Sufi

Response to Ha, ha ... time for a political rant!

V: Now you may be utterly confused as to WHY the writer would use such absurd cloak and dagger tactics if he INTENDED his readers to get a clear picture of his message. That is an utterly mad way for "God" to preserve his message to the masses 2000 years hence, isn't it? Why on EARTH would Theofoolus do something so absurd?

Let me get this straight: you think the writer of Luke and Acts purposely wrote errors into the text, so readers in the know would stumble over these errors and say, "AHA, a clue!" and keep reading reading for the hidden message -- which was there was a guy with Paul whose father had the same name as one of the guys who was inside the Trojan Horse. So the secret message in all of this -- don't trust Paul, this is a Trojan horse scenario. And they wrote all of this gobbledy-gook so an official reading it would say, "oh you guys are stupid" and ignore the real secret meaning. So the intended audience would see all of these errors and know to look for the hidden meaning, but the evil officials who might intercept such document and read through it would see such errors, being contemporaries they would also know who Pyrrus was, but THEY wouldn't connect the dots of the secret code and would just assume it was written by idiots.

Yep, I agree that is confusing and absurd. And I don't believe there are secret hidden numerology messages in the Bible, either. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. From my reading of Luke and Acts...you are reading way too much into the text.

The rest of Acts praises Paul, and is written as if by a close friend and companion of Paul -- so much so that and is actually theorized that it may have been written as a defense document when Paul was on trial in Rome.

V: Whether Paul turns out truly, to have been a hypocritical, lying, cheating, opportunistic scoundrel who screwed the Jerusalem church intentionally ... remains to be seen (by me).

Well, I certainly don't think that of Paul. I think Paul was a man who loved God and was called by God. I think a LOT of what Paul wrote was inspired by God, and he has been a source of understanding and encouragement for 2000 years. But I don't believe Paul was perfect, and I don't believe every single thing he wrote with his pen was straight from the mouth of God to Paul's ears. From reading his own writings, I see Paul as a man who was very conflicted, self-righteous, fighting his own predjudices, opinionated, prideful...and full of self hatred, because -- again, from his own writing -- I believe that Paul had some very deep secrets that overwhelmed him with guilt and self-loathing. I think Paul was very much a human being.

Martin Luther King Jr. and John F. Kennedy were both great men, inspirational, amazing speakers...and both men were known to have cheated on their wives. No man is perfect, and we all have skeletons in our closets.

Your liberal vs conservative rant? Don't EVEN have time to get into that this morning. =) All I have time to comment is this: no, conservatives do NOT learn from their mistakes.

That is how Dubya got elected twice,
why Rush Limbaugh is still on the air,
why Faux News (the National Enquirer of the Airwaves) is still on the air,
and why some people still think Sarah Palin would be a great president.

God help the United States of America.

This message has been edited by kateothelamp on Aug 13, 2010 10:04 AM

Respond to this message