Return to Index  

I came across a MAHVELOUS

December 7 2010 at 3:54 PM

Vince  (Login MoxiFox)
Von Klumpen

Response to You may

little program on the net. It's free for non-commercial use. I've tested it and it works great.

It's called TeamViewer. The person who wants to help others, downloads and installs the program. He then sends a "partner invite" to the troubled person with a problematic machine ... in an email or in a Skype IM. It's a link. The person clicks on the link and gets a message to SAVE the file about to be downloaded. Once downloaded, the person double clicks the icon of what was downloaded and up pops a box with an ID and a password. They tell the helper person the numbers of the ID ... which the helper enters into his own interface and oks ... and then he gets the password number from the helpee and enters that too. He clicks the Connect button and voila! .... he has the helpee desktop on his own and is then able to run the remote computer as if it's his own.

I used it last night to straighten out a lady's machine about 10 miles away. Wow. I could even reboot it! Once it rebooted, it reported back to me and I hit connect and carried on again.

http://www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx

I've used Hamachi/VNC combo in the past for remote control ... but this thing seems to be even faster and smoother

-Vince

Respond to this message   
Responses