Return to Index  

Re: What is the difference between a superstorm and a global flood?

January 18 2011 at 2:15 AM
Tim  (no login)

Response to What is the difference between a superstorm and a global flood?

10 feet of water. That's a lot of water, but Mount Ararat is much higher than 10 feet.
--------------------------------------

I don't think that will happen in CA.

Off the top of my head, being science minded;
#1 As far as Mt Ararat and the flood of Noah, technically it seems impossible unless all the continents were one mass at that time and and abnormal gravitational forces to place at that time. Or where did all the water go after the flood?

#2 Or another scenario could be; The mountains on land and valleys in the oceans where not as extreme as today + the atmosphere could have held more H2O then today. Making the flood of Noah a simple scientific fact. But then earth quakes under the flood would have had to happen while Noah was in the ark to disperse the water and re-expose the land again.

#3 A more likely scenario I think would be; The earth had a thinner crust then today. And there was much more H2O in the air because of the heat of the thin crust, and the earth had shallower oceans and not as tall of mountains. Then sun spots became dormant and the atmosphere of earth slightly cooled. Depositing mass amounts of rain water. And as the Ark of Noah was afloat, the thin earths crust heaved and hoed and thickened creating higher mountains and deeper valleys in the oceans.
Therefor making the flood of Noah scientifically logical.

I like my #3 explanation best of all. And it's even somewhat Biblical.
Genesis2:6
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

A thin earth crust would explain the MIST in Gen 2:6.

WOW #3 would make a cool Bible movie! wink.gif

What do you think Mondo?

Do you think #3 is scientifically possible Mondo?

Respond to this message   
Responses