Return to Index  

The difference is that no one believes Mother Goose is real.

February 2 2011 at 9:36 AM

Doc Strange  (Login edstrange13)

Response to well

Yvonne said: when you go to a forum where they discusss mother goose and work as hard to make them feel silly for reading these fables,I will believe you

I haven't met anyone who reads Mother Goose and believes the stories actually happened. If there was a cult of Mother Goose and they had a message forum, I'd be first in line asking for empirical evidence to support a belief in the talking goose.

And I'd really be hounding the Mother Goose believers if they were trying to make laws that affected my freedoms, the way that Christians in this country are trying to do.

A relevant quote...

"Theologians will protest that the story of Abraham sacrificing Issac should not be taken as literal fact, and the appropriate response is two-fold. First, many, many people, even to this day, do take the whole of their scripture to be literal fact, and they have a great deal of political power over the rest of us, especially in the United States and in the Islamic world. Secondly, how should we take the story? As an allegory? Then an allegory for what? Surely nothing praiseworthy. As a moral lesson? Then what kind of lesson could be derived from this appalling story?" -- Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

-----------------------------------------------
"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church." -- Ferdinand Magellan

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement