Return to Index  

Well... not really. You think you know.

February 2 2011 at 4:13 PM

Doc Strange  (Login edstrange13)

Response to well Johnny

Yvonne said: the problem is you have NO IDEA how it happened that you went from stardust to YOU

Unlike you, I don't claim to have complete knowledge of everything. (That's the primary ego problem that religious people have... they're absolutely sure about stuff they really have no clue about.)

However, I'm pretty sure I do know. I have seen the computer models of solar system formation from astrophysicists, and they have laid out their testable, empirical scientific evidence that backs up their claims. I have seen the evidence laid out by geologists in regards to planetary formation. I have seen the evidence laid out by chemists on how self-replicating molecules can form the building blocks of RNA. I have seen the testable, empirical evidence from geneticists and biologists on how populations evolve, and I've seen the fossil evidence from paleontologists that supports the claims of the geneticists and biologists.

All that evidence piled up is why I believe it to be true.

How someone could see all that evidence, and ignore it because they were swayed by the ravings of scientifically-ignorant Bronze Age livestock herders, to me, is astonishing.

Also, I find it AMAZING that you STILL adhere to those ravings from Bronze Age livestock herders, when it's been absolutely proven that those ravings have been hacked and edited over the centuries by vain humans. Willfully altered to say what they WANTED the scriptures to say. And that we know without a shadow of the doubt that they are vastly different than when first written down. Yet you STILL choose those fables over valid, proven, scientific facts.

That's not just naive. That's borderline psychotic.

Yvonne said: I do know how it happened

Well, not really. Like Tim, you think you know about things you really have no clue about... like astrophysics, star formation, geology, and biology.

However, I will admit that anything is possible. It is possible that you are right and that the god you have deluded yourself into believing "poofed" us into existence from dirt.

And, I am willing to examine your testable, empirical evidence that supports your claims.

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan

-----------------------------------------------
"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church." -- Ferdinand Magellan

This message has been edited by edstrange13 on Feb 3, 2011 9:25 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement