Return to Index  

i challange u

February 4 2011 at 1:40 PM

(Login Harpazo)
Sufi

Response to Re: contradiction

with an extreemely open mind: my mind is even more open than Mondo's lol

I never asked you to accept anything by mere belief as man understands belief:

God doesn't expect that kind of belief according to the Bible: It even says that God himself authors our faith so we can't even believe unless it is given us to believe ....

mere assent to believe something isn't belief ......

I could discuss this with you but I already have many times but so far who has engaged me in any discussion according to what I say?

the most people are able to do is respond to me based on "their beliefs" about God and Jesus and the Bible, projecting them onto me and then telling me how they don't believe in these things or in what I say according to their own filter of these topics:

communication is difficult because one must first get on the same page, which is called mega-communication, talking about the process of communication before they talk about the content:

in order to really discuss my understanding of God in the way I understand God, you would either have to have the same understanding, which would make us one in soul or understanding

or we would at least have to have the same LANGUAGE, and the same rules about the things discussed:

I can't get to any of these levels with most of the people here even after talking to them more than a decade:

debate is not possible unless each side is heard unfiltered, which is why apologetics is such a difficult discipline because when it comes to God, we all have our filters (ego understanding) till that filter is replaced by true faith above reason

not faith below reason, which isn't faith, but assent to believe something we don't understand yet

Respond to this message   
Responses