Return to Index  

Nature's intelligence

March 18 2011 at 8:05 PM
Iceman  (no login)

Response to I partially agree with you.

You and I are in complete agreement concerning all of the thiest considerations. I think it was well put in the phrase "Man created god in his own image". Then people started making up myths, allegories and metaphors to validate their creation. At any-rate the Circus of religion has many shows and a vast selection of never ending performers and performances.

Obviously humans have only began to scratch the complexities of the world. I suspect we will probably be extinguished as a species by our own misconduct before we become reasonably intelligent.

The intelligence of nature is certainly difficult to determine. Darwin is still under seige for his discoveries. Yet, isn't the process of natural adaption a form of natural intelligence? DNA and genetic processes are intelligence. This codeing is also present in all forms of life. Not to say that the process cannot run amuk. It certainly appears that much of nature is random and chaotic. It would seem a collision of stars would be random, yet gravity is also a form of intelligence.

As for a super-spirit or greater power creating and controlling the universe, determining earthly events and being concerned with the insanity of humanity. Well - that's about as real as Daffy Duck.

Respond to this message   
Responses