Return to Index  

Perhaps.

October 24 2011 at 4:45 PM

Doc Strange  (Login edstrange13)

Response to That's a very harsh comment, Eddie

Was my response to Yvonne harsh? Perhaps. But, as I told her, not nearly as harsh as the responses I've received from "followers of the Prince of Peace". But, of course, they get a pass. No one calls them to task.

Religionists sure are a privileged bunch.

Jackie said: Just because you may not have had the same experiences, does not mean another that has had some experiences you may be unable to contemplate does not mean that person has to be on drugs of some kind.

You and I don't see eye-to-eye on our beliefs. But then again, you don't freak out whenever someone denies your experiences.

As I told Yvonne, if she thinks my response was harsh, then I apologize. But the only way some people will be happy is if you agree with everything they say... or you don't say anything at all.

Which is kinda how Christians ran things when they were in power. Disagree with the dogma? Better keep your mouth shut.

Jackie said: I also have had exeriences, and have ideas that are not 'the norm' to the likes of atheists, yet they are 'the norm' to similar experiencers.

Yes, but as I said, if I disagree with you, you don't have an out of body experience and freak out. Tim does immediately. Yvonne does after you start to question her. Read her responses. They don't make sense to me, or to anyone who doesn't believe exactly as she does. And if you say "that doesn't make sense", then she starts to play the victim card. Get's old, and I get frustrated.

-----------------------------------------------
"We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that the simplest explanation is: There is no god. No one created the Universe, and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; there is probably no heaven and no afterlife, either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the Universe. And for that, I am extremely grateful." -- Professor Stephen Hawking, cosmologist

Respond to this message   
Responses