Return to Index  

Re: Reading comprehension

December 2 2011 at 2:19 PM
Tim  (no login)

Response to Reading comprehension

20 He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
21 Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Tim: tell me how these two statements can in anyway complement each other. They are opposite concepts entirely.
I would take it to mean if the stranger worships your god don't mess with him. If not, kill him.
I can read quite well. The problem with the bible is anyone can take anything it says and apply their own interpretations - like you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The context Ice. It doesn't order anyone to kill them or destroy them.
It simply says they will be destroyed.

We understand the LORD can create and destroy right?.. Why aren't there pterodactyls flying around snatching people up?.. Why aren't there any megalodons in the oceans?.. Because HE creates and destroys as HE pleases.

And the deal is, if we believe in HIM and the physical crucifixion of HIS Son just 2000 years ago, we can be granted eternal life when this world is toast.
And you do realize, with todays technology this world can be made toast within 30 minutes. Don't fool yourself Bro.

Tim

Respond to this message   
Responses