Return to Index  

I agree with what you say, except....

February 28 2012 at 11:51 AM

Doc Strange  (Login edstrange13)

Response to that is the way your own constitution demands it to be Tim...

... in regards to what you said about evolution.

Gerard said: i do believe however, that whene3ver 'evolution' etc....is going to be taught in school, parents should have sent home a warning. THEN parents candiscuss and teach whatever they feel is correct (and should be doing that anyhow) and what problems they may see in evolution etc.

But Gerard, what if a parent has a problem with "1 + 1 = 2", and the parent "feels the correct answer" is 3?

Should the "1+1=3" crowd be allowed to teach their beliefs in public school arithmetic classes, despite the fact that every reputable mathematician on the planet knows the correct answer is 2?

What if the parent believes the Roman Empire never existed? Should they be allowed to pull their child out of public school history classes because the "blasphemy" of the historicity of Rome is taught?

The only people who don't believe evolution disbelieve because of 2 reasons: religious reasons, and ignorance of Natural Selection. Ignorance can be fixed with education, but religious resistance cannot. Faith is a powerful weapon that can delude a learning mind.

And whether or not they will admit it, religious people are allowed to have their own opinions, but not their own facts.

There is no controversy regarding evolution in the scientific community. Evolution is a proven scientific fact. It's supported by genetic, archeological, molecular, paleontological, and observed evidence. Creationism doesn't have 1 single shred of evidence to support it. In fact, if you go to a creationist website, or pick up a creationist book, they don't have ANY theories of their own. Their evidence is "I don't believe evolution". Which, they incorrectly assume, makes Creationism the default answer. It's not.

If Christians have a problem with proven scientific facts, they need to send their children to private religious schools where they can misinform their children all they want.

It would be a shame, but if that's how they wish to misinform their child, so be it.

[linked image]

-----------------------------------------------
"Atheism is an effect of knowledge about religion, not a lack of knowledge. I gave a Bible to my daughter. That's how you make atheists." -- Dave Silverman, President of American Atheists

This message has been edited by edstrange13 on Feb 28, 2012 2:28 PM
This message has been edited by edstrange13 on Feb 28, 2012 2:25 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement