Return to Index  

I am a fan of Dickie's with some stuff

April 9 2012 at 3:42 AM
Jackie  (Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

Response to Awesome contest on tonight. Bob, you'll love...

He has churchanity banged up to rights, imo.

I read his God Delusion book, have a couple of his books and videos. The video Root of all evil and The enemies of reason makes some valid points and observations.

The only BIG problem I see with Dickie is that when he speaks of God, it is really only a god which is the product of the bible.

Many see this god as a lil ole pyscho thing anyway. YET it is this god that the big religions worship, so fair game. Let them defend their god against all elements.

But The Source is not this god or any of the representative gods or goddesses for me.

The Source is a primal Cause of some sort, some Unknowable Sort by most. Just guessed at by a few.

So personally Dickie can rant on with whoever and probably make a sense or two over the biblical god.

Not touching The Source though...

Bertrand Russell says it like Dickie when he said: 'I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.'

Christopher Hitchens is another Dickie type:
"Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion"

personally I agree. happy.gif

BUT again the god/s that go with these religions should not, imo, be confused with any Source. I believe this Source is Spirit and Science and as yet, Unknowable...

Love
Jackie
happy.gif

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

"I believe that the quantum of our knowledge will increase considerably in the coming years and that scientists will continue to be amongst the brave voices speaking out. "

Peter Garrett

Respond to this message   
Responses