Return to Index  

out of curiosity, Art...

April 12 2012 at 12:36 AM

Kate  (Login kateothelamp)
Sufi

Response to and I

I've heard you mention a couple of times now that Jesus' resurrection wasn't mentioned at all in the original manuscripts, but was edited and added in 500 years later. Where are you getting that info? I'd like to read it. Because his resurrection is mentioned in several places, in a few different books, so they would all have to have been edited at the same time? I'm really curious.

On a side note, you've also said a few times that Jesus never claimed to be God. It is true that the Bible does not record him saying the words "I am God." But there are many, many things he said, and things that were written about him that do support that view. Enough that theologians debate this subject quite vehemently.

I'm not in any way suggesting that you need to believe Jesus was God, or even believe in Jesus at all. But I will be honest -- I have done a lot of Bible study and have a better-than-average Bible knowledge compared to most lay people...so if we are talking about what it says in the Bible, then yes, there is quite a bit of support for the claims of the deity of Christ.

Respond to this message   
Responses