Return to Index  

It important that he never said he was god

April 15 2012 at 4:13 AM
Arthur Dent  (no login)

Response to I'm interested in this claim, so I'll ask Mondo

People would like him to be though, the hebrew god was such a bastrard construct. The concept of Jesus the god wasnt even stiched in for hundreds of years apparently either, not surprisingly, the witnesses of course knew he wasn't. His friends, his very personal friends were willing to step back when the shit hit the fan, they were obviously less convinced of his divinity than they were of the danger implicit by hanging around him when romans were sorting him out.

He gave apocryphal hints, which 2000 years of editing have barely made obvious.

Yes, if he had outright said he was magic, he would have had to prove it, or face punishment. He couldnt and didnt try to scam his way through with pilate the judge.

indication proves nothing, just allows the desirous mind to consider that maybe he wasnt a fraud, or even, at a stretch that he chose not to reveal his power.

or perhaps he was just an overblown Rabbi, who couldnt demonstrate the things that people were saying about him.This is by far, the most reasonable scenario.

Was he a god, or just a man caught overstating his heritage? William of Occam had an obvious thing to say here.

Was Mary a woman who gave birth without a man inseminating her or a Jewish hint, who did what the obvious suggests?

I go for the infinitely more likely scenario.

It worked for every other case in all of history. She lied to save herself being stoned.

Occams razor everytime.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement