Return to Index  

obviously.

April 20 2012 at 11:16 AM

Kate  (Login kateothelamp)

Response to ah see, a perfect example.

I stated what I was talking about when you entered the discussion. At least what I thought I was talking about.

You have said that was not the topic at all, I'm not addressing the point, I'm not addressing the subject at hand, that I cannot figure out your point, cannot determine the "intrinsic value" of your point since cannot figure out what that point *is*, that I know what you're getting at but I just "won't have it", that if I don't know what "intrinsic value" means I should look it up, the "problem" lies in my "redefinition" of the word "discussion", that if a discussion isn't going my way then according to me it isn't a "real discussion", that believing one's opinion is right is confidence (that would be you, correct?) and believing one's opinion is fact is sheer arrogance (I believe that would be me, but I'm still not certain what opinion I have presented as fact), I do not understand because I am applying value judgements, and since I forgot the subject matter at hand - well, since I never knew what we were talking about, or evidently what I was talking about in the first place when you first entered the discussion - it speaks for itself.

So, clearly, this is all on me. I just do not have any clue how to carry on a discussion and I have serious comprehension issues. Thank you so much for straightening me out. Now, I should probably go find someone to chit chat with about cookie recipes and the weather. Much more my speed. =)

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement