Return to Index  

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

April 20 2012 at 11:46 AM

Kate  (Login kateothelamp)
Sufi

Now, this would be my opinion only. These are the best I've tasted or that I've ever made. I cannot state as an absolute fact, that they are the best you've ever had, or will ever have, or that they are the best in the world, since I have not tasted every chocolate chip cookie in the world. BUT, IMVHO, these cookies are really good. Even better with pecans. You will probably not agree if you don't like nuts or if you are allergic to chocolate or you don't like cookies.

What was I talking about, again? Oh yeah, cookie recipe.

The World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
(this is an opinion only, to state it as fact would be "sheer arrogance". So I will just believe it to be right, and therefore it is just "confidence". For the purposes of discussion, of course.)

¾ cup packed light brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375°
Mix the sugars, butter, vanilla, and egg until well blended and creamy.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt together.
Stir wet and dry ingredients together until well blended. The dough may be dry and stiff, but that's ok.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Put rounded spoonfuls of dough on a cool cookie sheet a few inches apart.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are just beginning to brown. For best results, use one cookie sheet at a time in the center of the oven.
Cool 2 to 3 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.

I have no idea how many cookies this makes - it depends how big you make them and how much of the dough you eat that never makes it into the oven.

Respond to this message   
Responses