Return to Index  

I don't understand

April 30 2012 at 2:27 AM

Vince  (Login MoxiFox)
Forum Owner

Response to Who is...what was...

why people tend to believe that icons have to be totally one way or another -perfectly good or perfectly bad.

Humans are always a mix of good stuff and not so good. The great heroes we "worship" ... always had some unsavory aspect to them as well. The history books just tend to omit these parts. I don't think Jesus -if he actually existed- was any different.

He disclosed to his disciples by parable ... that once they got into power, they would round up all of their enemies and kill them. He confided to them that they would simply allow the "weeds" to grow up along with the good wheat and then after the harvest when all the threshing was done ... the weeds would be burned and the chaff would be removed.

This isn't unusual thinking or planning by any would-be dictator of course but ... I question the logic in thinking that this kind of MO is any "holier" than the most evil ways. Is there not a REAL ... viable and perfect solution to the problem of opposition and interference which DOESN'T require violence? I'm sure GOD would HAVE some such perfect solution.

-Vince

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement