Return to Index  

Just rudely butting in Kate but

June 1 2012 at 9:32 PM
Arthur Dent  (no login)

Response to hello, dear Jackie....

just curious why no religion there. Is it that left of centre is not so interested in superstition, its its thrust at that forum only political, or that your religion clashes with theirs?

I know that we rarely discuss religion at my work, possibly because the guys there dont like the thinking that accompanies the guys who want to think about it?

At my last university, I cant remember the topic ever being mentioned, Maybe the last guy who mentioned their christianity might have been 5 or 6 years ago at my current one, who just mentioned he was on some catholic committee, a conversation that petered out pretty quickly, and maybe my last hearing of god was a year or two ago from two muslims who were getting kicked out of their "prayer room" because the department needed the space. It was a meeting room just off the staff room where I come from, they had no hope of keeping it (we didnt even know what they were up to in there until then), just curious if it is in the case in the US often (that ones religion comes up in their every day conversation?

You know like the moslems always seem to insert "if god wills it..... god be praised.... god is greatest... instead of a full stop in every sentence)

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement