Return to Index  

I guess scarves are culturally OK, after all, the bible directs that

June 2 2012 at 4:14 AM
Arthur Dent  (no login)

Response to don't mind at all, Art =)

and some christian cults mandate it.

Muslims are getting pretty common around here, are they common in the USA, or is it that you are in a government department that affirmative action is getting them work?

We have a Malaysian and an Egyptian, who most certainly dont proselytise, but are very up to date on world events.

I'm afraid our token women (a PHd from the Nedalands) gave it up last year, and I only realised she was gone for good, about 3 weeks ago.

She was a shocking pedant, and wasnt really missed, although she had a heart of gold.

I wouldnt know what religions, if any, the rest of us have, but around here, its usually "who cares"?

I wonder why sharing religion is such a temptation? I suspect it gives the feeling that some arbitrary group of people have a certain shared something, that makes them special, even though as we see on the internet, what they assume they share seems rarely to actually exist when they actually get together and compare notes.

So maybe, often it doesnt matter what religion you adhere to, there are also subgroups of culture, politics, experiences, age and interests that also count, and may even be more important to some than their superstitious beliefs.

and of course some will never find peer connection with anyone especially if they are similar. (thinking of the guy who Jackie grabbed the baubles off.)

I do think that religion instructs your politics, or your politics steers your choice of religion most often.

or maybe your IQ qualifies what you believe as well. Are you a black and white rather than shades of grey person? What does that say about your politics/religion/cultural outlook?

So many dimensions of influences on us, why would we hope to all see the same things?

for instance, Sandy has seen Jesus. That must have influenced her profoundly, and yet it influences me not at all.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement