Return to Index  

Glad to know someone is reading and "gets it"

June 5 2012 at 2:26 PM

Kate  (Login kateothelamp)
Sufi

Response to Interesting discussion on homosexuality Kate

Interesting to me that the whole conversation branched off from the article I posted by the ex-Christian who listed the things Christians do and say and the teachings of the church that have alienated so many people ....

....and the conversation went on to illustrate the point perfectly, didn't it?

I have nothing against her at all, she's a nice person and I believe she is just saying what she believes is true. But no matter what information I provide, no matter what personal experiences I relate, her answer will always be, "Well, I know you're wrong because of what it says in Romans, chapter 1." And she will not answer my questions - which are not intended to offend or to change her mind, but just to make her think about why someone might have a different view. But if she just ignores the question, I guess that approach is pointless.

So many people are fine with glossing over the Old Testment laws, eating pork and shellfish, wearing clothes of blended fabric, okay with haircuts, divorces, "unclean" women, mouthy teenagers, working on the Sabbath...but homosexuals, oh no, gotta draw a line somewhere.

I find it impossible to believe, with all of the horrible sins human beings commit against one another - violence, theft, hatred, cruelty, rape, murder - that God considers loving someone of the same gender to be a sin.

Respond to this message   
Responses