Return to Index  

Well I did it Vince

June 24 2012 at 12:06 AM
Tim  (no login)

My Dynex 400 watt power supply kept getting worse.
So I went to Best Buy today and got a Corsair Gaming Series GS600 Power supply - 600 Watt.

My PC works much better now, the 400 watt Dynex was really underpowered also for my system. My Nvidia GTS250 takes 2 PCI-E power plugs which I had to hack from the Dynex 400 watt wink.gif

The past couple of days, to start my PC I had to fiddle with the power button on the back of the power supply and the hack button and the normal power button all at the same time wink.gif LOL and it would suddenly power cut off the past 2 days as if it were just unplugged.

The Corsair GS600 Power supply had all the correct plugs for my system, with 2 separate PCI-E power plugs. But it was $80 compared to $40 for the Dynex, and I just bought the Dynex 2 years ago and it worked fine until the power surges from a storm about a month ago. But my system does require 450 watt minimum according to the motherboard specs.

I think my system is faster now, it was probably starving for watts.

P-4 2.8ghz, 3gb RAM, TV DVR Radio card, 2 DVD-R's, 3 HDD's, Floppy, Nvidia GTS250 w/500 mb RAM. SATA, Dynex Vinyl 24HD audio card. On board audio and video disabled.

Now my hack start button on the front isn't hooked up to anything wink.gif

I think I'll save the fan out of the Dynex PS. its a nice big 4" I can mount in the back of my case, and she'll be a real cool runner then.

Fun stuff!

Tim

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement