Return to Index  

Re: understanding "only begotten"

July 21 2012 at 7:03 PM
Tim  (no login)

Response to understanding "only begotten"

Interesting explanation Yvonne happy.gif

So how do you explain this as a historical fact about how God the Father created Jesus as HIS begotten Son?
Hebrews 1:4
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?

And before it was revealed in the NT Jesus was declared to be revealed in the future. (I will declare the decree)
Psalm2:7
7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

And now Jesus has been revealed to us.

What do you make of this Sis Yvonne?
Or do you think its talking about us?

And are we supposed to become Jesus the Christ?
Hebrews5:5
5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Jesus told Matthew and Mark....
Matthew24:23
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.

Marks version of what Jesus warned about....
Mark13:21
21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

If you address what I've asked and shown in this post Yvonne I'll be amazed.

Thanks happy.gif
Bro Tim

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement