Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Agnosticism
    • (Login Provoker42)
      Posted Mar 8, 2010 9:32 AM

Hello Nucc:
      Agnosticism is not something I embrace, it is just a definition of my position regarding God. Agnostic simply means I don't have any knowledge on the subject.
      I cannot conceive of time and space in terms of no beginning and no end, so it is my opinion that there is/was a creator. I simply have no knowledge of the nature of the creator.
      Worship of the creator, at this point, would seem to be to persue happiness, without interfering with other's persuit of happiness.
      I am not particularly looking for proof of the creator's nature, because I am of the opinion that none exists.
      My truthseeking, in the context of this forum is, while recognizing that scripture has probably been corrupted by copying errors, spurious editing, and additions, to find the truth regarding what scripture was intended to say before any corruption.
      I don't reject the possibility that the historical nature of scripture may be true, but I do not find that to be a necessity in the search for continuity in the scriptural story.
      What do you think?

"I don't speak for God. All I have is personal opinion based on the story of continuity which runs through the bible!"
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)