Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Understanding!!!
    • Iceman (no login)
      Posted May 9, 2010 6:49 PM

That I can agree upon. We have a system called laws. It does well in some circumstances and far worse in others. Certainly Mr. Striver: you have a strong handle on that concept. The Bible has also been historically used for educational purposes. That's not worked out well either.

People complain of too much government, but no one wants to be responsible. Our population has tripled in my and your lifetime. Does it require the same government? And those proclaiming to be christians want to make the rules and have everyone else forced in supporting them. Abortion has been a huge issue in that regard as has civil rights and presently same sex iniatives. These are basic HUMAN RIGHTS and not some fanatical 2000 year old dogma.

Spirituality is a fundamental right of all creatures. Yet we as humans and predomanantly religious jerks will deny the right to life to other species. In fact Christianity will deny our heratige with other primates. Even though a scientific fact.

The very thing that seperates us from other species is symbolism. Humans created it, developed it - and now use it for sick selfish useless intent. If symbolism was a God given ability would be speculation. And if so perhaps a true curse.

I have never thought any creature should be denied spiritually being a part of earth, or thier idea of where they came from.

But I do find useing fantasey to rule life just more than absurd.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)