Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • I'm not against
    • Vince (Login MoxiFox)
      Von Klumpen
      Posted Jun 21, 2012 5:08 AM

someone making money on an idea or ideas ... because I see idea people as having their own special niche in the societal/working structure, but ... I don't think that idea people should be overly compensated simply because they offer something unique that no one else has ever done. A garbage man collects trash every week and his personal position is totally expendable since any person can do it ... but does that make him any less valuable as a service ... than an inventor? I say no.

If I invent something and either build and sell it or make a deal with some company to build and sell it ... I am really in no different position than a carpenter who builds special furniture and then finds others building knock-offs of his furniture a year or two later. It's tough ... but that's life. As long as they don't put MY NAME on their product ... THEY put in the same amount of work as I do in producing the device or furniture and then it's just a matter of competition to see who can build it more economically.

-Vince
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)