<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sorry ya all maybe I was wrong.......

April 12 2011 at 5:49 AM
Tim  (no login)

Sorry to disrupt you.

I know we all have our own disturbances and maybe your all just chickenshit non scientific minded satanists.

So be it.

Your a bunch of boring non personable idiots.

Tim

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Doc Strange
(Login edstrange13)

Well, you usually are wrong...

April 12 2011, 9:19 AM 

... and you're wrong about the satanist thing, too.

Satan is as imaginary as the Canaanite storm god you believe in.

-----------------------------------------------
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion." -- Robert M. Pirsig

Respond to this message   
Tim
(no login)

Re: Well, you usually are wrong...

April 12 2011, 10:42 PM 

So you believe there is no intelligent force of any kind other then natural order?

Respond to this message   

gerard
(Login seekingsoftly)

hey Doc strange.....do you notice...

April 12 2011, 11:06 PM 

the difference in Tim...in the above post.....when he is reasonably sober?

he actually can be coherent.....compared to his 5:00 am rants??

Respond to this message   
Tim
(no login)

Re: hey Doc strange.....do you notice...

April 13 2011, 12:52 AM 

Why do you treat Atheists like your true brethren Gerard?

Because they are polite?

For there is no respect of persons with God.
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things.

Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

this honour have all his saints. Gerard Gerard Gerard.... hmmmm

Respond to this message   

gerard
(Login seekingsoftly)

People get respect because they deserve it.

April 13 2011, 4:41 AM 

you get none for the same reason.

Jesus would be ashamed of your behaviours here....and...Jesus did not shun or treat the tax collectors or sinners with disregard and worse.....

YOU DO.

therefore NOT christlike.

nuff said.

Respond to this message   

gerard
(Login seekingsoftly)

btw tim....

April 13 2011, 4:42 AM 

it is true that i DO get tired of having to make excuses for you and your drinking here.

grow up, shut up... and get to an AA meeting.

you need the 12 steps desperately.

Respond to this message   

Doc Strange
(Login edstrange13)

That is correct. I don't believe in an "intelligent force" behind the Universe.

April 13 2011, 8:45 AM 

Tim said: So you believe there is no intelligent force of any kind other then natural order

You are correct. I do not believe there is an intelligent force behind the natural order of the universe. Why do I believe this? It is because I am basing this belief on scientific evidence.

When I say "intelligence", I mean creative intelligence and sentience. The ability to think and reason.

We humans have only discovered intelligence from biological lifeforms. And of those lifeforms, the ONLY intelligence we have documented evidence of are higher mammals.

That's it.

Your god hypothesis may be correct, Tim. There could be a giant, invisible, human male who lives in the sky and created the Universe.

The problem with your hypothesis is that there is no supporting evidence. And when a hypothesis has no evidence to support it, it is not a scientific hypothesis. It is an opinion.

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion." -- Robert M. Pirsig

Respond to this message   

JVH say
(Login JVH)

The god proposition

April 13 2011, 9:30 PM 

.... is a Meme, albeit a very powerful one.

-it is not what we (think we) know that matters, it is what we can show true that does
after all, truth is demonstrably fact and fact is demonstrably true - everything else ... mere conjecture-

New!! Improved!! Now With T-Formula!!
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Mondo
(Premier Login Oscar50)

I do believe Tim

April 13 2011, 9:49 AM 

In an intelligence underlying the Cosmos.

I could be wrong though.

Respond to this message   

Doc Strange
(Login edstrange13)

You just pointed out the essence of this disagreement.

April 13 2011, 10:51 AM 

Mondo said: I do believe Tim In an intelligence underlying the Cosmos.

I could be wrong though.

There it is. The entire essence of this disagreement. You admit that you could be wrong.

I don't think that there is an intelligence behind the Universe because of a lack of evidence, but I fully admit that I could be wrong, and that the evidence simply hasn't been discovered yet.

Who are the only ones in this disagreement that WILL NOT admit that their beliefs might... just might... be wrong? Christians and other supernaturalists.

I've always told Yvonne and Tim that they might be right and I might be wrong. Maybe the Universe was created by a giant, invisible man who lives in the sky like the Bible describes. But I sure don't see any evidence for this hypothesis.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell

"Anybody who tells you they know... they just know what happens when you die... I promise you, you don't. How can I be so sure? Because I don't know, and you do not possess mental powers that I do not. The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the 'big questions' is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble, and that's what man needs considering that human history is just a litany of getting shit dead wrong." -- Bill Maher

Respond to this message   

JVH say
(Login JVH)

Theological gods

April 13 2011, 9:40 PM 

..... did not, do not, will not exist - not physically that is, and we can be quite sure about that.

-it is not what we (think we) know that matters, it is what we can show true that does
after all, truth is demonstrably fact and fact is demonstrably true - everything else ... mere conjecture-

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

gerard
(Login seekingsoftly)

Oh yes....it must be early in the moring and Tim is posting after

April 12 2011, 11:04 PM 

a drinking binge.

same ole, same ole.....sigh.

tim....go to this site...please??

http://www.aa.org/?Media=PlayFlash

Respond to this message   

Mondo
(Premier Login Oscar50)

Sometimes we are wrong, and sometimes we are right

April 13 2011, 9:47 AM 

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong.

Apology accepted Tim!

Go forth and stop being a moron. happy.gif

Respond to this message   

JVH say
(Login JVH)

Sorry ya all maybe I was wrong.......

April 13 2011, 9:51 PM 

Being wrong is one thing, realizing it another, admitting it something else.

The problem does not lie with being wrong, even most of the time, per se - it lies with not realizing it.

Humans within all societies in all periods of history believed that their ideas on the nature of the real world were the most secure; that their ideas on religion, ethics, justice, politics, knowledge, the shape of reality and so on were the most enlightened.

Like us today, they were convinced that final knowledge was, at last, within reach. Like us, they pitied the people in earlier ages for not knowing the true facts.

Humans today pity their ancestors for being so ignorant and for that reason fail to see that their descendants will pity them for the same.

[linked image]

This message has been edited by JVH on Apr 13, 2011 9:54 PM

Respond to this message   
Seoc Colla
(no login)

LIfe

April 14 2011, 5:02 AM 

Exactly JVH. We should do the best that we can with whatever we have.
It isn't possible to do more than this, just keep an eye on the motives.

Then get on with it.

Respond to this message   
Jackie
(Login BlueJudah)

I had to catch my breathe!

April 14 2011, 9:19 AM 

"Sorry ya all maybe I was wrong....... "

I thought this was J speaking!

Haha!!
[linked image]

Luv
Jackie
happy.gif

[linked image]?

Respond to this message   

Vince
(Login MoxiFox)
Forum Owner

Yes, quite amazing, eh?

April 14 2011, 12:04 PM 

How wisdom comes seeping through the cracks at times?

Tis true. We tend to look at previous generations with a certain air of pity. They were so ignorant, so naive, so unhealthy ... and died so young.

Really?

-Vince

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement