<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Review: The Christ Conspiracy

April 25 2011 at 12:51 AM

(Premier Login Oscar50)
Forum Owner

Review: The Christ Conspiracy
~Jay Beldo

Note: In all my time as a book reviewer there is really only one review that I regret allowing to be published and that is The Christ Conspiracy review posted on the Konformist.Com. Pressured by the author herself, one Acharya S. (real name Murdoch), I caved in and watered the original review down - putting this oddly palliative goddess spin on it that I concocted ad hoc from what I now believe to be a rather dubious realm: a dimension of ill repute. However, my conscience has gnawed at me continually on this matter and I attempted to post a segment of the original review on Amazon.Com. Not surprisingly Ms. S. ordered it taken down shortly afterwards and Amazon, sad to say, caved into her demands. It puzzles me that if Acharya is so sure of her theory of the non-existence of Christ why she would be threatened by my review at all. I've come across the 'Christ never existed' bit before in David Icke's The Biggest Secret , Mark Amaru Pinkham's The Myth of Christ: The Redemption of the Peacock Angel and more recently in Brian Desborough's They Cast no Shadows. I'm surprised that it hasn't dawned on these authors that perhaps the Piso family who allegedly concocted the Jesus myth for the masses were so vibrationally freaked out by the presence of the Christ and his threat to the imperium (via his unconditional love) that they spun a story making him appear to be unbelievable. No reading between the Roman spin lines for these revisionists however. I recommend James Patrick Holding's Tektonics site for further elucidation on this matter:

http://www.tektonics.org/af/achy01.html#jb

Acharya S. needs to move past her penchant for Avatar bashing and do something more proactive with her talents.

The Christ Conspiracy
Acharya S.
Book Review by Jaye Beldo

"I take great glee in telling the truth." Acharya S. author of 'The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story ever Sold' told me. In her controversial tome, she claims that Jesus Christ never existed, that the God Man/Man God was simply a bit of stagecraft caprice, a mere fabrication of the Roman Aristocracy to keep the unwashed masses down as well as out for the count of their long lasting reign. She surely provides an impressive smorgasbord of erudite evidence supporting her claim to the truth. A scan of the book's bibliography which includes such amazing oddities as Anacalypsis by Godfrey Higgins as well as the works of GRS Mead and Sir James Frazer will prove that. But aside from her obviously fecund and thorough scholarship to back up her forensic claim, what exactly is the truth she is so sure of conveying to us?

I suggest, to counter her stake in an ultimate Christ Hoax where the Lamb of God's wool has been pulled over our eyes for the last 2K years, is that if Jesus was indeed a mere fabrication, we should then give profound thanks to the fabricators and not despise them as cavalier perpetrators of a great lie. No, we should not thank them for the institutionalized horrors that 'Christ-Insanity' has generated over the centuries, such as the Catholic Church and its inhumane inquisitions, but rather for the wily hatchers's profoundly brilliant if not deliciously nefarious imaginations. I don't think Acharya realizes what it would take to create such a story in the first place. I doubt that you or I could ever conjure up such a tale, even on our best tall tale day out on the back porch with a pint of whiskey, a two by four and a whittling knife. It would take one hell of a sophisticated imagination to pull the Christ story out of the air of heaven, let alone to disseminate the information in a convincing way and make it seem so dramatically real. If it really was that they indeed pulled off the Jesus con, then Kyrie Kudos to those crooks!

Acharya S.: Avatar Basher

One need only to appreciate the art, music, poetry and literature that the Christ Mythos has generated over the centuries ranging from Bach's 'Jesu: The Joy of Man's Desiring' to El Greco's 'Assumption of the Virgin' to the vibrant Byzantine Mosaics to the breathless grandeur of 12th C. French Cathedrals. One need only to meditate for a few quiet moments on Leonardo's St. Ann and his tormentors or even Holbein's stark cartoon The Body of the Dead Christ in the Tomb. How about considering the little shop of horrors found in the visions of Colette of Corbie, the 15 C. Fransican reformer, where Christ appeared to her as a dish of 'carved-up flesh like that of a child.' (see this described in the work 'The Female body and Religious Practice in the Later Middle Ages' by Caroline Walker Bynum in ZONE Fragments for a History of the Human body Part One) God, without the Christ, we wouldn't have Frank Zappa's song, St. Alfonso's Pancake Breakfast! Without the Christ cozenage, we would have virtually none of these masterpieces of art,vision and parody. History, as well as our hearts, would be pretty barren places without them.

No mere conspirators bent on world control could inspire artists, poets, troubadours, bards and musicians for so many centuries if there wasn't something so catalytically spiritual in the Christ Mythos itself. Perhaps this is the pearl of irony that has been hidden away for so long and thanks to Acharya's efforts has now come out. I suggest that a little bit of light, something spiritually genuine, purely inspired, came out of these Imperial damage control dispatches Archaya convincingly describes and miraculously insinuated itself into the official storyline like the descent of the Dove into the lord at the Baptism of Jesus himself.

No cabal could compel people aspiring to love and freedom to align themselves to the Christ archetype in so many astonishingly strange and esoteric ways and risk facing persecution by the official church. No Tyrant spin doctors could have created such things as charity, forgiveness, the ability to ward off evil, the desire to help others if the light hadn't escaped through the chink in their propaganda armor to not only expose them but to benignly betray them as being highly vulnerable to their own game. I sense that these apocalyptic engineers will someday resurrect if not liberate themselves if we let them simply by acknowledging the favors they have unintentionally given us. I already see the ascent of the PR thugs at Hill and Knowlton and other lie agencies into the love and light of eternity.

Perhaps Acharya will someday set aside her totalizing polemic against the Christ myth and consider the esoteric dimensions of his mystery. I suggest she experience the works of Rudolph Steiner or even Drunvalo Melchizedek for a momentary change of perspective. I suggest she meditate on the Christ consciousness grid of the earth as spelled out in Bob Frisell's book, Something in this Book is True as a possible means to ward off the negative NWO matrix. Maybe a consideration of optimist Barbara Marx Hubbard's work 'Revelations' is in store as a part of her future scholarly endeavors. I only suggest these works because I worry that Ms. S. will inevitably join the likes of Frederick Crews who has devoted his life to crucifying poor ol' Sigmund Freud or that she'll join the 'School of Resentment' as Harold Bloom names the legions of loveless deconstructionists and revisionist hacks that plague our Politically Correct Universities. I trust that Acharya is more intelligent, more sensitive than that.

(c) 2008-Jaye Beldo

postscript: I wrote this review prior to knowing that Drunvalo has a CIA handler and that Hubbard actually promotes genocide (see Treason by Gurudas for more info on this.)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tim
(no login)

That was very interesting Mondo....

April 25 2011, 2:35 AM 

And it is real. The arguments are real. You are real our Father God is real.

Did you ever ask yourself Mondo.
Why do these arguments exist?
And why the slow technology evolution?

Genesis 11:6
6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Genesis 11:7
7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Why did God do that to us Mondo? Because HE wants a GREAT climax to HIS creation of sons and daughters.

Wouldn't you do the same for your production Mondo? Yes we are like HIM, we are HIS children.

Bro Tim

Respond to this message   

JVH say
(Login JVH)
Sufi

Concocting the Jesus story is easy

April 25 2011, 3:42 AM 

You know, Memetic Engineering and all that.

-it is not what we (think we) know that matters, it is what we can show true that does
after all, truth is demonstrably fact and fact is demonstrably true - everything else ... mere conjecture-

New!! Improved!! Now With T-Formula!!
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login Harpazo)
Sufi

with all you know about this engineering

April 25 2011, 11:28 AM 

with all you seemingly know about this engineering, you sure can't explain the true meaning behind it....

why would language be engineered like this? who had the time and inclination to sit down and figure out how to fool all humanity?

can you answer that? I mean with that intelligence that you have, seeing you don't seem to NEED language yourself

can you explain it with another means? besides memes?

Respond to this message   

Doc Strange
(Login edstrange13)

Explain fictional religious characters without using memes?

April 25 2011, 2:42 PM 

Isn't that kinda like trying to explain DNA without using genetics?

It can't be done, and if it can be done, it won't make sense. Fictional religious characters that are believed in without supporting evidence can ONLY be explained by memes.

-----------------------------------------------
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion." -- Robert M. Pirsig

Respond to this message   

JVH say
(Login JVH)
Sufi

with all you know about this engineering

April 25 2011, 9:58 PM 

with all you seemingly know about this engineering, you sure can't explain the true meaning behind it....

Me thinks me did a pretty fine job, concise too; 4, rather small, paragraphs only. 

why would language be engineered like this?

It wasn't language that was engineered. Apparently you misunderstood.

who had the time and inclination to sit down and figure out how to fool all humanity?

The powers that be?

can you answer that?

As pointed out, propagation doesn't take that much an effort; just repeat and time will do the rest: concoction will become legend and legend will become myth.

I mean with that intelligence that you have, seeing you don't seem to NEED language yourself

can you explain it with another means? besides memes?

So-called ecclesial books tale about cosmology, anthropology, ontology, philosophy and such - that's about it really.

The illusive Jesus/Christ

There is this supernatural man, Jesus, born of a virgin, traveling the country-side, who: performs miracles; starts a movement; is a nuisance to Romans and Jews alike; is killed; comes back to life again, and all the while other supernatural occurences directly related to this supernatural man's existence take place. A remarkable person like this doesn't go unnoticed, neither do directly related and even so remarkle, supernatural events. Yet, independent, contemporary commentators/historians - all of them - somehow decide to not note it down?

"The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." - The bible

The NT

According to the NT, a supernatural Jesus the Christ was a historical person. When trying to substantiate that claim, it proves problematic due to the lack of independent; contemporary; during-the-events; corroborating; verifiable accounts of a supernatural Jesus the Christ as portrayed (in the NT).

It appears impossible to produce demonstrable, firsthand witness accounts outside the NT gospels about a historical and supernatural Jesus the Christ as portrayed in the NT. Nor do we seem to have self-written manuscripts, works of carpentry, dwellings etc., i.e., proven artifacts. By the looks of it, there is no demonstrable trace of this supernatural person himself.  All we have are after-the-event accounts ... which should stem from during-the-event acounts ... which do not seem to exist. ~8^\

Even though the writings of several independent, contemporary commentators/historians have survived and remain to form a library available for perusal, there's not a single sentence of this supernatural Jesus and/or the supernatural occurences directly related to this supernatural man's existence.

Josephus, Tacitus, Pliny (the Younger), Suetonius et al

Even when the passages apparently referring to Jesus/Christ are genuine, none of them qualify as personal, eyewitness testimonies of the alleged authors themselves in respect to a historical and supernatural Jesus the Christ as portrayed in the NT.

The main problem here is that none of the authors, as their birth dates affirm, lived during the purported advent of a supernatural Jesus the Christ. Their words therefore, qualify as hearsay - which explains how come none of them claim they have personally met or witnessed a supernatural Jesus the Christ - because what they are saying is what was being said. These authors share this characteristic with the gospel authors.

The Gospels

The gospels are not signed and - except for an introduction in "Luke"; in which it is explicitly stated what follows is hearsay - are written in the third person perspective (as by an out of sight narrator). The authors, blatantly, never situate themselves within the unfolding narrative nor give any hint they themselves were involved in the events described. Several narratives even involve Jesus by himself, i.e., without any witnesses present. ~8^\

- hearsay: unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another; not part of one's direct knowledge - http://www.network54.com/Forum/272761/message/1278747848/

Appendix

Silent Witnesses

Aren't there any potential witnesses then who had an interest in noting down the exceptional adventures of Jesus and his band of merry men as they happened?

Yes, there are, a few, such as Philo, Justus of Tiberias, Pliny the Elder, Martial, Juvenal, Epictetus, Seneca, Plutarch, Quintilian ... and all are silent on the matter. One of them is particulary interesting.

Hellenistic Jewish historian and philosopher Philo (of Alexandria) (25 B.C.E.-47 C.E.) living at the purported time of Jesus; a contemporary therefore, and at the right place; Jerusalem thus, is someone, given the nature of his works; the main themes of biblical thought : the relation of God and man, one would expect to mention a supernatural person of his time in direct relation to God. Yet, Philo, of all people, who had all the reasons to comment upon a god-man of his time, makes no mention of a supernatural Jesus the Christ whatsoever.

As it so happens then, we have an excellent witness to the events in Judaea and the Jewish diaspora in the first half of the first century CE.

Yet, Philo says not a word about a supernatural Jesus the Christ, Christianity, nor any of the related, supernatural, events described in the New Testament. In all his work, Philo - of whom we have no demonstrable reasons why he would not - makes not a single reference to this alleged contemporary "Jesus the Christ"; the godman, who supposedly was traveling up and down the Levant, purportedly performing all kinds of miracles, apparently got himself killed and assumably came back to life again.

Odd, very odd, but only if we believe a supernatural Jesus and his merry men existed and that they established the church. Then again, when we recognize that the Christian fable was still at an early stage of development when Philo was pondering the relationship of God and man, there is nothing strange here at all.

Where do the Jesus/Christ accounts stem from then?

Memetic Engineering

Propagate that an outdoor passion play; an annual celebration in which the cycle of life is symbolically being acted out - a common occurence in the ancient world - up to this very day even, was not an symbolic act but a real life event. Eventually, with or without force, the idea will sink in and the hypostatized(1) passion play has entered the mind as utter reality and the main character as genuine historical.

That is how come there appear to exist secondhand accounts, and what might qualify as third- fourth- fifthhand accounts etc., about a historical and supernatural Jesus character as portrayed in the NT but no firsthand, during-the-event accounts because firsthand accounts would tell us about reification(2) of the main character of a passion play as opposed to supernatural, real life events as portrayed in the NT.

Back Engineering 

We do have accounts; prior accounts, and much to the chagrin of Christian apologists they do not involve the supernatural Jesus character. They involve other supernatural 'sons of god' prior to the Jesus character who 'were born'; 'walked'; 'performed'; 'suffered'; 'died'; 'came back to life' etc., and all of them are anthropomorphizations(3) relating the myth of the 'birth', 'death' and 'rebirth' of life; the solar system; the universe itself.

Perpetuity

The Jesus myth is not the first, merely one of the last, in a long tradition of myths in the form of personifications(4) conveying the aspects of the ever ongoing cycle of life - and all those myths tale about the same: the creation of life, its nature and its perpetuality.

(1) - hypostatized (hypostatize) : to attribute real identity to (a concept)

(2) - reification (reify) : to regard (something abstract) as (a) material or concrete (thing

(3) - anthropomorphizations (anthropomorphize) : to attribute human form or personality to (things not human)

(4) - Personification (personify) : see 1 and 3

'Every time we read in ecclesial books a tale of which its reality seems impossible; a story defying reason and common sense, be assured the tale to be an allegory containing a universal truth or two; and the greater the absurdity of the tale, the deeper the possible wisdom.'

And we have returned to square one: the lack of independent, contemporary, verifiable documentation of firsthand, during-the-event accounts outside the NT leading to the doubt about a historical and supernatural Jesus the Christ as portrayed in the NT.

And thats what happens when a beautiful theory meets a brutal gang of facts. 

-it is not what we (think we) know that matters, it is what we can show true that does
after all, truth is demonstrably fact and fact is demonstrably true - everything else ... mere conjecture-

New!! Improved!! Now With T-Formula!!
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
QUITTNER
(no login)

About Jesus and what he did.

May 5 2011, 3:12 PM 

See also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Massey
http://www.africawithin.com/massey/gml1_jesuschrist.htm
Book (1999) by Earl Doherty: "The Jesus Puzzle. Did Christianity begin with a Mythical Christ?"
Book (1992) by William Harwood: Mythology's last gods: Yahweh and Jesus
..... I think of Jesus (or whatever was his real name) as an actual person, or possibly a composite of several persons, a Jewish social reformer who actually helped many persons. His Chritianity is the only valid one, but many other so-called "Christianities" were invente dafter his death, and his message is being ignored; there is far too much about the person.
..... All(?) of the 2011 churches should be, but aren't, artificial "families" with only GOOD persons admitted as members - that quality control is missing unfortunately. See ACTS 2 and ACTS 4 for the lifestyle of Jesus and his group. These people shared their properties for the use of all of them, they, as individuals needed no money and had none; therefore they were called "The Poor" by outsiders.
..... Probably most members came to be saved from the outside community, called The World", from its many troubles and worries, unable to "make ends meet". They were, as part of "The Kingdom of God" supplied with their needs, similarly as you and I were provided with what we needed while we were young, not having to pay for anything.
..... To get to be a member, applicants first of all had to repent their sins, and ask God for forgiveness, promising to do from then on what God wants and never to to what God does NOT wants them to do. Compare with 2011 requirements of religious orders, nuns, monks, etc. in that include vows, such as of obedience, of poverty, and of chastity. At the end of the admission requirement/procedures, if they passed all tests, applicants were admitted to baptism during which it was believed their sins were forgiven by God. Then they got to be members - sinless, "born again children", members of one of those artificial "families", and they remained sinless after that. These people are now called "Saints".
..... According to the definition, a "Christian" is a person who follows a Christ and his lifestyle. Many, including clergy, only think that they are Christians, but they are not.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Review: The Christ Conspiracy
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index