<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

Re: new t20 proposals

September 10 2016, 7:59 AM 

This makes me even more concerned for the county game.

If 90% of the spectators are retired and newly retired are not going to the game, how long before the current pensioners die off and no-one attends these matches?

Is there an interest in county cricket by the armchair supporter? How many listeners does cally get?
how many page views on cricinfo for the county scorecards during the day?

Its not the ECB that is devaluing the county championship, it is the lack of supporters. One cannot blame the ECB for prioritising t20 when that is where all the money is.

Without t20 can professional cricket survive?

Is t20 the saviour of prefessional cricket or the assasin of county cricket?

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

September 10 2016, 8:01 AM 

That's a good point, is the ecb leading or following? Is it trying to build up 20/20 at the expense of the four day game or just giving people what they want?

This message has been edited by sooty-yorkie1 on Sep 10, 2016 8:04 AM

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 10 2016, 9:30 AM 

Low crowds do not apply to Yorkshire of course, always very healthy attendance.

Tyke 83
(Login Tyke83)

September 10 2016, 10:28 AM 

Speaking on a personal level, I love CC more than the other two forms. I do however work Sunday-Thursday, so find it quite difficult to get to games.

*please note that although a YCCC fan, this was only my third trip to Headingley*

I did go yesterday and £17 is quite a lot for a day 4 match. Added to this that nobody seems to promote the match at all. Even a guy at work who religiously watches T20s had no idea that Yorkshire were playing this week.

Headingley is not the most welcoming of grounds it must be said either. Scarborough is a far more enjoyable spectator experience in my opinion. You can't seem to get food or drink anywhere either. I ended up in the Skyrack at lunch and ate something quite appalling. If I could have seen more obvious signs at the ground that money would have been spent at Yorkshire. My stomach would have appreciated that as well.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 11 2016, 5:02 PM 

From the Durham fans forum, the last posting amused me.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/www-saveourcounties-com.1274510/

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

September 12 2016, 7:28 AM 

Something I would advocate is a "Match of the Day" T20 highlights program on Saturdays. 90 minutes, 10 minutes per game (ish). Every match is filmed and commentated currently. There are plenty of pundits and presenters around. It just needs the ECB to recognise the need to show the game to the public free to air.

Presuming they keep the T20s on a Friday night, which is my favoured approach.

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 6 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk