March 19 2016 at 2:06 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login SoftHandApproach)

Re: MCC v the Champions

March 19 2016, 6:17 PM 

Anyone know if there is audio or visual coverage of the match anywhere?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

March 19 2016, 6:58 PM 

Live commentary advertised on Radio 5 Sports Extra. That will mixed up with loads of other sport I would reckon. I should think Dave Callaghan will be doing ball by ball on the BBC website.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

March 19 2016, 8:26 PM 

Possibly something on the OS as well. There was last year and there was also for the T20 matches yesterday. Also Cricinfo has it listed, so possibly on there as well.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Mar 19, 2016 8:41 PM

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

March 20 2016, 9:26 AM 

Not a great start - 82 for 4 having won the toss...

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

March 20 2016, 10:26 AM 

Now 96-5 and not much batting left.

Rey
(Login Rey2)

March 20 2016, 10:27 AM 

The revenge of James Tredwell - currently has 3 wickets for six runs.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

March 20 2016, 11:11 AM 

Probably put the kiss of death on him but hope Will Rhodes has a cracking season in 2016. Think we are going to rely a lot on our all-rounders this season, especially if England take Ballance.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

March 20 2016, 11:17 AM 

Tredwell always gets wickets against us, good job we don`t play Kent to often.

The MCC could have selected 11 "always do well against Yorkshire" players. Tredwell, Stoneman, Tom Smith, Read, anymore??

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

March 20 2016, 11:33 AM 

Does look like the usual recovery is underway though, touch wood

Monkwood
(Login Monkwood)

V MCC

March 20 2016, 11:50 AM 

Soddy rested ? He has not even turned his arm over yet ??

Neither has young Fisher !

Are they nursing injuries ?

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

Re: V MCC

March 20 2016, 12:55 PM 

Century for Balance. Nice to see.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

March 20 2016, 1:05 PM 

He is in cracking form, top scored in every match so far. Would be nice if a few of the other batters gave him a helping hand.

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

v MCC

March 20 2016, 2:56 PM 

it's very early days, but it looks as though the six weeks spent on the Indian sub-continent by Carver and Rhodes, was money well-spent.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: v MCC

March 20 2016, 3:16 PM 

I have never been a "Patto" fan and certainly never been a member of the NLOP club, but Rhodes looks a far better bet than Patto for the "holding, line and length" role at one end whilst the strike bowlers get the wickets at the other end.

Economy rates

v Lancashire 2 day match Patto 1.50, Rhodes 1.56
v MCC T20 Patto 7.50, Rhodes 6.25
v Lancashire T20 Patto 5.75, Rhodes 5.75

These are the only 3 matches were both have played. See what tomorrow brings!!

Based on his performances so far this season, there is nothing to choose between the economy rates of both, but Rhodes brings so much more to the team in the batting and fielding. A much better nr 8.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Mar 20, 2016 4:46 PM

Jim
(Login Tingleytyke)

V MCC

March 20 2016, 3:35 PM 

Ryan played in a game with the Yorkshire players not selected against a youth MCC team

JG
(Login _JG_)

March 20 2016, 4:55 PM 

Stu, I think Patterson's exceptional record over the past three seasons counts for more than perfomances in three pre-season matches in the UAE, two of which were bloody T20s! Rhodes is a very promising all-rounder but at this stage of his career Patterson's red ball bowling is a long way ahead.

Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

March 20 2016, 5:09 PM 

Patto is just about the best bowler of his type in the country, never mind the club. It's a very specific job and it doesn't transfer successfully to modern limited overs cricket.

I'm a big Rhodes fan, but I'll be surprised if he ever does this job.

My guess is if you asked the entire squad to name their best XI, Patto would be in every one, including those selected by the other seamers. Except his own maybe.

Ball_Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

March 20 2016, 6:45 PM 

Elements of Thunderbirds again. As per last season. Get in the mire at 88-5 before lunch on Day 1. Thunderbirds are Go. Someone organises a rescue. This time Ballance & Rhodes. The initial new ball & the 80 over one have done the trick really. Although I don't think it was doing a lot sideways.

Marvelously intelligent cricket from Rhodes & Carver at the end. He will, but I don't give a toss Rhodes missed out on his ton. It was a fine innings. Farmed the strike. Hit it out when he thought he could. Carver faced 9 balls.

The rest of the Blog has local colour from the game & some bile about non-Yorkies in the team.

http://ball-sup.blogspot.com/2016/03/thunderbirds-are-go.html

Phil
Twitter @ball_sup

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

March 20 2016, 7:25 PM 

I'm sure the selectors will start the season with Patto because of what he has done before, but it will be nice if there is some pressure on his place.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 56 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk