<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

Re: Draw watch

May 18 2016, 3:03 PM 

"I guess at this stage of the season, best result for us would be a draw (or a Durham win?)"

It's difficult to tell at this stage. Lancs may be ahead but not alot of people that i've spoken to fancy their chances of getting anywhere this year so maybe them taking points off of more likely title contenders isn't so bad at this early stage. Durham have also played a game less than most. I'd always go for the draw as the best possible result, it takes points out of the competition.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

May 18 2016, 3:29 PM 

I agree - always difficult to tell how the season will pan out, so at this stage other teams standing still is probably the best outcome - there has been a lot of teams standing still this season - wins are like gold dust right now!

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

May 18 2016, 3:56 PM 

I thought Lancs were out of this match when the eigth wicket went down with nearly 150 left to chase. Clearly Liam Livingstone doesn't agree. He's just hit consecutive sixes.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

May 18 2016, 4:05 PM 

Yes, still a tough ask you would think, 80 odd more needed. But a few more overs of Livingstone wielding the long handle and they could just about do it. They seem to be dodging the rain too

(Login WhiteroseDave)

May 18 2016, 6:29 PM 

15 out of 21 now in div 1, another slight improvement but still at 71%. Some big 1st innings scores this week but pitches deteriorating after that (or was it more to do with the change in weather or "scoreboard pressure?)

(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 18 2016, 6:44 PM 

31 from 43 in both Divisions so far. 5 draws from 8 matches this week. Still far to many, but yet again bad weather interrupted most of them.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on May 18, 2016 7:47 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 25 2016, 6:04 PM 

3 draws from 8 matches this week. 34 from 51 in both Divisions so far.

16 draws out of 25 matches in Division One. Getting better all the time!!

(Login WhiteroseDave)

May 25 2016, 7:07 PM 

A much better week this week, especially in div 1. Especially good to see 2 games with results that could easily have gone either way on day 4, exactly what you want from a championship game.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 1 2016, 7:32 PM 

This week

Div 1 - 1 draw from 4.

Div 2 - 2 draws from 4.

Totals for season so far.

16 draws from 25 in Division One.

18 draws form 26 in Division Two.

2/3rds of all matches have been draws. To high but getting better.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 25 2016, 12:35 PM 

This week.

Div 1 - 2 draws from 3 matches.

Div 2 - 2 draws from 3 matches.

Totals for season so far.

18 from 28 matches in Division One.

20 from 29 matches in Division Two.

Still 2/3rd`s of all matches drawn. To high still?!

(Login WhiteroseDave)

June 25 2016, 2:48 PM 

Still too many, as many in div 1 as there were in the whole of the 2011 season, no rain to effect the outcomes this time around either. 64% for div 1 up to now against a 10 year average of 42% and the worst in that time being 60%.
I hope things change as I feel like this season hasn't properly got going yet even though it's getting close to halfway through!

This message has been edited by WhiteroseDave on Jun 30, 2016 7:04 PM

(Login Roundhegian)

June 25 2016, 4:12 PM 

Any stats on the percentage of matches where the visiting team decided to bowl with no coin toss?
It strikes me that such matches are less likely to lead to contrived finishes, thus increasing the draw percentage.
The home captain will be reluctant to set a fourth innings target that is realistically gettable after being required to bat first.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 30 2016, 3:43 PM 

Not a good week. All 5 matches drawn, mainly due to heavy rain for a couple of days, but the match at Lords would have probably been drawn anyway.

Total for season so far.

20 from 30 matches in Division One.

23 from 32 matches in Division Two.

Still more than 2/3rd`s of all matches drawn.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 2 2016, 10:01 AM 

I (we) seem to have missed some matches. At roughly the 1/2 stage of the season.

Checking the latest tables there have been 35 matches in Division One with 22 draws, and 36 matches in Division Two with 26 draws.

Totals

71 matches, 48 draws, over 67%.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 7 2016, 1:53 PM 

After this weeks matches

Division One -- 39 matches 24 draws.

Division Two -- 40 matches 28 draws.

Still about 2/3rds.

JG
(Login _JG_)

July 7 2016, 4:52 PM 

One fewer draw than there should have been this week...

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 16 2016, 11:08 AM 

After this weeks completed matches.

Division One ---- 39 matches, 26 draws.

Division Two ---- 42 matches, 28 draws.

Both Divisions 66.6%.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jul 16, 2016 4:00 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 22 2016, 2:53 PM 

A good week this round of matches, assuming a positive result in the match still playing, it is 0 draws from 3 matches in Division One, and 1 from 3 in Division Two. 4 days of decent weather helps!!!

Totals to date

Division One ---- 42 matches, 26 draws.

Division Two ---- 45 matches, 29 draws.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 7 2016, 6:39 PM 

4 draws from 8 matches this round of matches.

Total to date

Division One ---- 46 matches, 28 draws.

Division Two ---- 49 matches, 31 draws.

(Login WhiteroseDave)

August 7 2016, 7:13 PM 

I've got it as 28 out of 49 in div 1 according to the sky sports cricket app? Either way the percentage is slowly coming down but the highest number of draws in the last 10 years (43) is in sight, there are already more draws than in either of the last 2 seasons.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk