<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Media & Communications Manager

May 4 2016 at 12:27 PM
Old Feller  (Login Old_Feller2)

I see the club is advertising the above post, there must be someone on here who could do this surely?
Seriously, I wonder what has happened to Danny Reuben who I believe was the previous incumbent.
Did I miss an announcement about him leaving?
Is this an opportunity for James Buttler to come back?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

Re: Media & Communications Manager

May 4 2016, 2:19 PM 

Heard from someone who'd read a tweet that he's got the same sort of job with England. Mr Graves' influence ?

(Login davehelen1709)

May 4 2016, 2:20 PM 

Danny Reuben has been appointed Head of Communications for England Cricket. He was tweeting about last Friday from his personal account. I think he's done a good job - website is much improved and the Twitter feed is actually pretty informative these days.

(Login davehelen1709)

May 4 2016, 2:20 PM 

Danny Reuben has been appointed Head of Communications for England Cricket. He was tweeting about last Friday from his personal account. I think he's done a good job - website is much improved and the Twitter feed is actually pretty informative these days.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

May 4 2016, 4:11 PM 

Hasn't he done well?
From YTS trainee under Stuart Duffy at the Rhinos to one of the top jobs in his sphere in the cricketing world.
Well done to him.
Yet again working for the Rhinos & YCCC is an excellent career path.

Peter
(Login Yfactor)

Re: Media &amp; Communications Manager

May 4 2016, 7:06 PM 

I hope the next incumbent gets the website scoreboard corrected by calling an "Innings" an "Innings" and not "Inning" which I believe refers to some obscure game based on rounders played by our colonial friends across the pond!

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 5 2016, 1:51 PM 

I hope the next incumbent improves quite a lot of things. Our gain and the ECB`s loss in this case, I think.

(Login Alandale)

May 6 2016, 10:20 PM 

Was it Danny who refused our forum administrators access to the database of forum members when we were abruptly closed down by the club?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

May 7 2016, 8:55 AM 

Yes, I believe so. We were independant, Danny then requested we affiliated with the club, then changed his mind and ditched us, and left us with no database.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on May 7, 2016 9:09 AM

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

May 7 2016, 9:57 AM 

Sounds like just the sort of bloke to fit in with the faceless commissars of the ECB.

Yesterdays Times repeats Cook's assertions that he still cannot see the ball properly in the new helmet. But what does he know? He's only a professional player, a hired hand, not a real expert.

WRF
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Just Like Starting Over

May 7 2016, 3:46 PM 

To follow up on some of the comments re. Mr. Reuben. We, of course, wish him success at the ECB, in what will be a challenging position. The ECB have certainly done well by Yorkshire what with Colin Graves as the Chairman and now Danny Reuben in PR. Throw in the fact the the various England sides are very well stocked with Yorkshire players and we all should be proud of Yorkshire's contributions.

As to the White Rose, it is true that we felt we were treated VERY harshly by the YCCC in 2014, and by extension Mr. Reuben. Recall that the WRF was the official fan forum for the club between 2010-2014, through an arrangement brokered by James Buttler who was the club's PR guru back in 2010. For reasons that were never made clear to us by Mr. Reuben, we were dropped by the club in 2014 on shorter notice than our agreement with the club specified.

Furthermore, the club would not provide us with our own membership list which was kept on the club's or their site host's server, and which numbered over 600 members at the time. Nor would they agree to put up a re-direct link so that infrequent or seasonal posters and visitors could find us after our site was removed from the official site. After 15 years of existence, we essentially had to start from scratch, with no membership per se, and with no way to contact our previous members. It was a devastating blow. After 15 years of operation we had to start over.

However, through the hard work of our moderators and the loyalty of many of our previous members, we did rebuild. And while the WRF has only recovered about 50% of our membership compared to the previous YCCC-hosted site, our page view numbers and postings have reached record highs these past two years. Effectively, we are busier than ever.

Three cheers for our loyal members and hard-working mods! Both John Lennon and Lazarus would have been proud.
""

(Login remit1)

Credit where credit is due

May 7 2016, 5:16 PM 

Let’s say what Alex and our administrators are too modest to say: they refused to admit defeat, picked us up when we were down and we can only admire their determination and thank them - yet again - for their hard work.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk