<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login Jacobus24)

Re: thanks DIZZY

August 29 2016, 10:00 AM 

This news compounds the misery of yesterday, it does not help me forget.

(Login dpressed)

August 29 2016, 10:06 AM 

I'm sad but not surprised. There was a rumour at Scarborough that Yorks were interviewing Ian Dews & Paul Farbrace for the post.

And no no no to Paul Grayson. He was coach of an underperforming Essex

This message has been edited by dpressed on Aug 29, 2016 10:06 AM

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

August 29 2016, 10:15 AM 

I too heard the Dews and Farbrace rumours - in fact I wonder if we heard them from the same source or even if you are he! They suggest sensible thinking as both have experienced and played a role in the current successful culture. Same would be true of Dawson.

Grayson?? Well, ahead of Adams I suppose.

Phil
(Login PB123)

August 29 2016, 10:24 AM 

Like others was told this at Scarborough, as others have said I'd just like to say a huge thanks to Jason for turning things round. Now let's go and get that 3rd title.

Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

August 29 2016, 10:35 AM 

Sad but inevitable.

Thank you,Jason Gillespie,for what you have achieved with the Club.
It will be very hard for anybody to follow him, particularly at a point where the seam attack begins to age and when the supply of brilliant young players seems to be faltering.
Whatever the future holds for Yorkshire and Gillespie I feel sure he will always look fondly on what he has been able to achieve with this group of wonderful players. Just as surely, he will a special place in the hearts of all Yorkshire followers.
I feel sure the South Australia connection will continue to work to our advantage.

I have no views on a successor. Please let the transition be a smooth one and one which preserves some continuity.

(Login WhiteroseDave)

August 29 2016, 10:38 AM 

A few names mentioned here that would seem to fit the bill. Farbrace would be good with all his experience added to his previous role with us. Would England assistant coach to Yorkshire head coach be seen as a forward step or not? They'd be crazy to go for Grayson (or Adams!) though. Steve Rhodes might be another worth sounding out?

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

August 29 2016, 10:51 AM 

Good luck and grateful thanks to Jason.

If we needed a spur to drive on to the triple CC then,hopefully, this gives us the edge.

Good luck to his replacement, Dizzy's a hard act to follow.

Jay
(Login overman8)

August 29 2016, 10:55 AM 

Good luck to Gillespie, change brings opportunity so onwards and upwards.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 29 2016, 11:57 AM 

Almost an impossible act to follow. If his replacement does 1/2 as well, he will have done very well.

1 loss at Headingley in 5 seasons in the CC. 4 losses in total in 5 years in the CC.

Good luck to Jason and his replacement, who has a few issues to address - a permanently failing middle order (3,4,5), a few ageing bowlers and the second X1 "well" drying up with no-one (apart from Waite) "shouting" out for selection.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Aug 29, 2016 12:00 PM

Alibor
(Login alibor11)

August 29 2016, 12:12 PM 

Jason Gillespie has done fine job and I hope we will reward his efforts by winning another County Championship. Serious thought needs to be given to his successor and also to the club captaincy for next season. Players like Fisher, Waite, Carver, Coad etc. need to establish themselves and I believe we MUST sign an experienced overseas batsman who will be available for the entire 2017 to play in all formats. Good luck Jason and many thanks happy.gif

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

August 29 2016, 12:17 PM 

I would echo all the comments

it has been a brilliant five years and he has created a fantastic environment which has allowed the players to flourish

I am slightly concerned that our ability to attract overseas players and recruits from other counties may be diminished unless we appoint a profile coach - I am sure Jason is the reason several overseas players have joined us

(Login Jacobus24)

August 29 2016, 12:18 PM 

Our attitude towards signing players has changed since Gillespie was brought in, this has helped produce the results as well. Let's not forget the days of replacing Rudolph with Sayers and not bothering with T20 overseas players because it wasn't important.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

August 29 2016, 1:18 PM 

It's true that in the year before Dizzy arrived we tried to back our own and go without an overseas. However I'm not sure this represented a prevailing attitude over a longer term. Our seasons before that had seen us with Gibbs and Rana, both men with t20 pedigrees, but the former was only a partial success and the latter no real value at all. It's easy to be critical of policy, but this area is now a minefield. I too will be very disappointed if, in addition to finding the ideal coach, Moxon doesn't spend the winter signing an overseas who is top class, permanently available, in prime form and very cheap.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

August 29 2016, 1:32 PM 

I too will be very disappointed if, in addition to finding the ideal coach, Moxon doesn't spend the winter signing an overseas who is top class, permanently available, in prime form and very cheap.

oh yeah, lets sign a dozen of them.

permanently available (ie not required by his country), prime form(but still not required by his country), top class(but not top enough to play international cricket) oh and very cheap

anybody got any ideas who?

Lewis
(Login Lewis_116)

August 29 2016, 1:39 PM 

Peter...Sounds like Bresnan...

Where can we sign him...

(Login Jacobus24)

August 29 2016, 1:39 PM 

I'd like to enquire about whether Dilshan might want to join.

(Login eastriding)

August 29 2016, 1:40 PM 

Thanks for the memories Jason.

(Hopefully something to add before the end of the season?)

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

August 29 2016, 1:40 PM 

"anybody got any ideas who?"

The same guy who will captain the one day side???????????

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

August 29 2016, 1:47 PM 

Peter...Sounds like Bresnan...

Where can we sign him...

ah yes, good old Bressie....can someone remind me which overseas country he is from again

JG
(Login _JG_)

August 29 2016, 1:54 PM 

I echo all of the above comments, Dizzy has done a fantastic job with this Yorkshire side and we will be eternally grateful to him for bringing sustained success back to the club- yes he's been fortunate to work with a strong squad but that is not a guarantee of success. It's a shame we couldn't add a limited overs trophy to complete his Yorkshire CV despite going close twice this season; hopefully we'll seal a third Championship instead.

Re: timing, I don't find it odd, I think we all knew this was going to happen sooner or later and once the decision is made the club may as well announce it publically as it would get out one way or another anyway. I'm sure the club didn't want Dizzy to leave so the statement is hardly going to be bombastic.

Successor? Well it will need to be someone who can work with Moxon as Gillespie did, that double act seemed to suit both well. Totally agree with the comments about Grayson- no bloody way after the mess he made of the Essex job; doubt that Farbrace would leave his role with England; not sure that Dews' strengths lie in working with first team players and he certainly doesn't have the credibility and contacts from a playing career that Gillespie has; Dawson I do think is a good option given his success with Gloucs.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 57 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk