<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login edthefed)

Re: Farbrace

September 22 2016, 7:36 AM 

Why are ex Yorkshire players always touted. The club should be going after the very best coach it can...that is a necessity whilst having previous ties to the club is more of a luxury.

Might Gale stand down as Captain if offered a player / assistant coach role...with emphasis on the latter for continuity with a new head coach appointed ?

How about Bresnan as captain, loads of experience, right attitude, never gives up and leads by example !

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 22 2016, 7:51 AM 

Ex players know the set up and Dawson was an assistant before moving to Gloucestershire. I would rather an ex player if the big names are unavailable or unaffordable instead of picking up Giles Moores or similar on their merry go round of the counties.

Bres for skipper? I think we are already asking a heck of a lot from him and leading the team might see him drop back down the order. Plus we may need him to open the batting next season the way some others are doing. Walking in at 32-3 having seen three top order players dismissed for ducks is as good as opening anyway

Lewis
(Login Lewis_116)

September 22 2016, 7:52 AM 

I did start a post a week ago saying we must keep Gale due to his leadership. However it was suggested even if he retired he could become assistant which was a decent idea if he is ready. he's only 33.

Farbrace is my first choice by an absolute mile.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 22 2016, 8:30 AM 

Farbrace has turned the job down. Determined to stay with England.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 22 2016, 9:28 AM 

Gale may not want it but one option may be for him to continue as a batsman but with a broader mentoring role. That way we are able to take advantage of a return to form but ensure he has a role anyway. Question is whether a new coach and captain would welcome his continued influence.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

September 22 2016, 9:37 AM 

I'd sound out Chris Rogers as coach, another Aussie I know but he might do something for our batting.

He seems to like it in over here, he knows a lot about county cricket, he's played for most of them, and I think he would be tough enough for the role.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 22 2016, 9:40 AM 

I'd prefer another outsider, another Australian for example. There's a danger the club night become a bit insular again if a Yorkshireman is appointed.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 22 2016, 9:42 AM 

Plenty of Aussie batsmen now coaching. Dean Jones, Justin Langer, Darren Lehmann....

How about Dizzy and Boof swap jobs and Jake comes with his Dad next season?

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

September 22 2016, 10:22 AM 

Boof and Son of Boof would be brilliant next year!

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 22 2016, 6:49 PM 

Chris Rogers?

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 22 2016, 7:27 PM 

I did wonder if his retirement today might have deeper implications.

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

Re: Gillespie Gone

September 25 2016, 9:21 AM 

(Login Jacobus24)

September 25 2016, 10:39 AM 

Encouraging news if he signs.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 25 2016, 10:40 AM 

Not a bad call but presumably wouldn't be a 12 month a year coach with his other commitments. In retrospect you do wonder if Gillespie's absence for some of the pre season due to Big Bash commitments was more of a negative than a positive.

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

September 25 2016, 11:29 AM 

Could keep his Big Bash commitments but presumably would have to give up the IPL job.

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

September 25 2016, 9:05 PM 

Earlier in the thread I suggested I'd be happy with Dawson or Silverwood. I've revised my opinion, Hodge or Rodgers would be better.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 25 2016, 10:41 PM 

Hodge has the advantage of some prior coaching experience, and presumably comes with positive words from Pyrah but also from JG. Worth remembering that JG did have some coaching experience when he was given the Yorkshire job - he didnt come to it as a complete novice.

I quite like the idea of a coach whose trade was as a batsman this time around, given the difficulties we have had over the last couple of seasons. Both Rogers and Hodge are of course high class batsmen.

Has Hodge definitely retired by the way? He played in last year's Big Bash but think he has retired now.

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

September 26 2016, 9:43 AM 

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 26 2016, 11:22 AM 

Isn't Chris Adams still out of work....

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Adams out of work!

September 26 2016, 1:21 PM 

Hope so!

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 67 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk