<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login Martinh00)

Re: Adams out of work!

September 27 2016, 2:44 PM 

Read an interesting quote from Hodge. He retired from first class cricket after he hit a pace bowler who was bowling with the second new ball back over his head for six during an innings of 195 for South Australia. He realised that he no longer hat the commitment to see through a new ball.

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

September 27 2016, 4:12 PM 

That's really interesting. I always find it intriguing what makes sportsmen choose to retire.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 28 2016, 10:57 AM 

So there is one available coach with international experience and an ability to be creative in generating revenue.

Sounds like just the sort of bloke we need to replace Dizzy.

(Login Jacobus24)

September 30 2016, 10:46 AM 

(Login seenemgiven)

September 30 2016, 11:00 AM 

Sounds like a 'goer'

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 30 2016, 12:06 PM 

Translation: "come and get me!" He'd be an interesting appointment; young, hungry, Australian. Very similar to our last coach, apart from being a batsman.

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

September 30 2016, 7:25 PM 

If he came as coach and was still prepared to play might he be an option as second overseas player and captain in the NatWest T20 Blast or would this be too much of a burden?

(Login ThirdUmpire)

October 5 2016, 5:08 PM 

Dougie Brown anyone?

Apparently Giles and Flower in frame to succeed him as both local to the area still. I would hope to see Ashley show some loyalty to Lancashire but then again...

(Login wibseysa)

October 5 2016, 5:38 PM 

Not keen on Giles ,I still have nightmares on him dropping a catch in Adelaide,of Ricky Ponting,

(Login Jacobus24)

October 13 2016, 7:19 PM 

Apparently the club will be inviting applications for the job in the coming weeks.

(Login _JG_)

October 13 2016, 7:41 PM 

OS piece here:https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5205/club-to-step-up-search-for-first-xi-coach

Good communication from Moxon I think, and encouraging to hear that we've already had declarations of interest.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

October 13 2016, 10:42 PM 

Not clear if he is going for a formal application process or just asking people to formally express interest. Either way suggests to me that there isn't one outstanding candidate otherwise we would just discuss terms with that person.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

October 14 2016, 12:54 PM 

(Login Jacobus24)

October 16 2016, 8:56 AM 

Geoffrey has tweeted his response to the club statement 'A lot of waffle'.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

October 16 2016, 10:02 AM 

Geoffrey also recently suggested Charlotte Edwards should be our new head coach.

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

October 17 2016, 8:50 PM 

Not sure I remember JG applying? Think MV and GB, board members at the time, used their contacts to gather info and make recommendations. Think we than approached JG rather than it being the other way around. Surely this is the way to go away?

Start with 'now then Jason, who do you think we should approach'?

(Login Jacobus24)

October 17 2016, 10:27 PM 

Maybe we're feeling let down by what happened with Travis Head and then Jake Lehmann so we're not just going to offer the job to Brad Hodge straight away.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

October 17 2016, 11:17 PM 

Jimmy Adams?

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

Gillespie Gone

October 18 2016, 3:53 PM 

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Gillespie Gone

November 1 2016, 1:34 PM 

According to the OS, this Friday is the closing date for applications for the head coach role.

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 7 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk