<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Gillespie Gone

November 5 2016, 3:00 PM 

'Shield' with regard to Gale batting at 5 rather than 4 was perhaps an unfortunate choice of word. However I really think Gale staying as captain is vital and batting at 5 would be the preferred option.

'no success again'. I'd say starting the final session of the final day of the CC season with a very decent chance of the title and a one-day season which included an appearance at T20 finals day and a one day cup semi was actually a success!

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

living in dream land

November 5 2016, 3:06 PM 

and were are you going to get this keeper batsman from? no first division county will let one go and no international side will let there keeper play a full season you may get a good batsman but you will not get both . until the season starts you don't know what form people are in hodd is a very good keeper but is batting is a little up and down , but don't forget that Bairstow is not the best keeper in the world .

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: living in dream land

November 5 2016, 6:47 PM 

Would get plenty of Cricket out of Sarfraz Ahmed.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

November 6 2016, 11:17 AM 

(Login Jacobus24)

November 6 2016, 11:51 AM 

Richard Dawson is not thought to be in the running either apparently.

(Login dpressed)

November 7 2016, 11:58 AM 

Another possible has gone. Craig White has been promoted to Choach at Hampshire

http://www.ageasbowl.com/cricket/news/craig-white-appointed-first-team-coach/

This message has been edited by dpressed on Nov 7, 2016 12:01 PM

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

November 7 2016, 12:18 PM 

So is that three former Yorkshire players (not including internationals) who are first team coaches? Sliverwood, Dawson and White.

(Login dpressed)

November 7 2016, 2:46 PM 

Mark Robinson is Head Coach at Sussex & a certain ex Yorkshire & England opener is Director Of Cricket at Yorkshire

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

November 7 2016, 2:57 PM 

Didn't Mark relinquish his Sussex position when he became coach of the England Women's team?

(Login ThirdUmpire)

November 7 2016, 6:21 PM 

Yes he did and Davis took over I think.

Eastriding
(Login eastriding)

November 11 2016, 2:13 PM 

Here's a scenario, South Africa continue to dismantle the Australian team over the winter, ACB says thanks very much to Boof and he becomes Yorkshire coach for next season, what's the odds?

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

November 11 2016, 2:50 PM 

I'd give you what ever odds you wanted, it's not going to happen, Lehmann has only just signed a contract extension.

(Login stevebluejay)

November 11 2016, 4:17 PM 

Don't think it will happen, but contracts in sport mean nothing, all it means is Lehmann would get a nicer pay off.

If SA dismantle the Aussies like in the first test, then the knives will be out for Darren in Australia and he may then fall on his sword, i couldn't see him coming to us but he would probably want a job at some point.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if Dizzy gets the job at the end of their summer and Darren stands aside by mutual consent (whatever that term means) IF Australia have a dreadful domestic summer. I often read the Aussie papers and the whole hierarchy are getting incredible criticism for team selection, tactics, the lot. I know that Rod Marsh as chairman of selectors has copped a fair bit, but it is a results business and it wouldn't surprise me if the Aussies bounce back.

I know that cricket isn't football, but with transfers and coaching changes, albeit not as volatile, it is starting to get a bit like it.
Look at Mourinho last season at Chelsea, won the title in May and six months later he was gone, i'm sure he was on a lengthy contract too.

Contracts used to mean loyalty both ways, not any more.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

November 12 2016, 9:15 AM 

New Yorkshire coach to be announced on Monday I understand.

(Login seenemgiven)

November 12 2016, 9:40 AM 

Any ideas who? Any speculation going around?

(Login Jacobus24)

November 12 2016, 9:48 AM 

Brad Hodge.

(Login seenemgiven)

November 12 2016, 10:16 AM 

I thought he'd just taken up a role with Cricket Australia?

(Login Jacobus24)

November 12 2016, 10:32 AM 

Victorian batting great Brad Hodge says he is content taking "baby steps" in his new role as coach – but he is already emerging as a mature option to guide the next generation of talent.

Hodge, having led the Gujarat Lions into the semi-finals in their first season in the Indian Premier League, has taken charge of the Cricket Australia XI in the Matador Cup one-day series, beginning against Queensland on Saturday.

He has also revealed to Fairfax Media his interest in the vacancy at powerful English County club Yorkshire, who are seeking a replacement for Jason Gillespie.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-season-201617-batsman-brad-hodge-ready-to-explore-new-coaching-pastures-20160929-grr6tl.html

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 7 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk