<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP | Hampshire vs Yorkshire at Southampton (Day 4)

September 3 2016, 3:29 PM 

4 down now for Hampshire.

pscotty
(Login pscotty)

Middlesex

September 3 2016, 3:32 PM 

deleted

This message has been edited by pscotty on Sep 3, 2016 3:34 PM

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Middlesex

September 3 2016, 3:41 PM 

Four down and could get interetsing if the rain holds off.....

Thats a big IF.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 3 2016, 3:44 PM 

raining and an early tea.

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 3 2016, 3:45 PM 

Bad light - early tea, unfortunately. 84/4.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

September 3 2016, 3:50 PM 

Right all eyes on Edgbaston. They're one of my least favourite teams but on this occasion Come On Yooooooouu Beeeeeeeeears

This message has been edited by twelthman on Sep 3, 2016 3:50 PM

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 3 2016, 4:05 PM 

Cowley's had his tea - he won't be keen to get play going again ......

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 3 2016, 4:19 PM 

incredible southampton right on the edge of the rainbelt, and we are off for bad light. birmingham surrounded by rainclouds but in the clear, on a raging turner, 6 days old. same pitch the t20 finals were played on.

(Login Danum)

September 3 2016, 4:29 PM 

Light is dodgy at Edgbaston

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

September 3 2016, 4:31 PM 

Looks like Southampton is done for the day.

Middlesex pushing hard on a worn and turning pitch. Way ahead on over rate and will bowl more than the expected number. I'm uncomfortable.

Bad light might come into play although surely with spinners bowling there in no risk of harm!

I'm off out now so will miss the conclusion.

BBC web / sports extra stuff is very good if you accept the limitations and bias of some commentators. Actually I can live with bias provided its well informed bias. I think that's my main issue with Cally, he never comes across as well informed or having any depth of understanding.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 3 2016, 4:32 PM 

spin at both ends watch the umpires let them play.

(Login Danum)

September 3 2016, 4:38 PM 

Called off as a draw at Soton

(Login Danum)

September 3 2016, 4:43 PM 

Now off at Brum

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 3 2016, 4:44 PM 

....and so the yorkshire management again fail to believe in the weather forecast.

All day it was predicted that play will finish by 4pm at the latest, turns out it ended at 3.40.

Out of the 55 overs played, we took the first 22 to build up a totally unnecessary 300 run lead.

I said at the start of the day we should have scored a quick 60 off the first 6 overs or so. That would have meant declaring with a 260 run lead, but more importantly giving us an extra 14 overs at hampshire. Instead we batted for 22 overs scoring an additional 96 runs or so.

It may well have made no difference, but yet, an extra hour at hampshire could well have resulted in us winning today.

Posters will no doubt tell me that i don't know what i am talking about and trust the likes of dizzy and moxon. While i have no doubt there cricketing knowledge is far better than mine. But when it comes to reading the weather forecast and timing declarations, they are pretty useless.

Everyone on here knew the game would finish at 4, so why on earth did we need a 300 run lead? total madness, total negative cricket.

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 3 2016, 4:46 PM 

change the record Peter, we were never going to have enough time to win the game way the weather panned out

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

weather

September 3 2016, 4:54 PM 

Blackpool peter you have proved to us today that you know more about the weather than you do about cricket . thanks for that .

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 3 2016, 4:56 PM 

why not? In the first innings we took the last 5 hants wickets in under 13 overs, who's to say we could not have done that today had we not wasted so much time eeking out a totally unnecessary 300 run lead

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 3 2016, 5:01 PM 

just had a sneaky look at the league table in bbc cricket. we are top of the league, until middlesex points get added.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 3 2016, 5:04 PM 

Blackpool peter you have proved to us today that you know more about the weather than you do about cricket . thanks for that .

I actually don't nothing about the weather, but i do know how to read, and if the met office who spend 100's of millions of pounds on weather predicting say its gonna rain in southampton between 3 and 4, then you can be sure that is what is gonna happen.

But maybe Dizzy and Moxon know better than the weather experts....or do they just ignore them?

No justification for batting for 22 overs this morning, i said that then and i was again proved right?

why? i ain't an expert but i can understand when the weathermen say it is gonna rain between 3 and 4. then again i am not a mathematician but i can work out that its pretty unlikely that hampshire are gonna score 300 in one session to win the game.

Now if i can see that, being a simple layman at my laptop 350 miles from southampton, why the hell can dizzy and moxon not see it?

Give our bowlers a chance to win a game and you never know they may surprise you!

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 3 2016, 5:04 PM 

Peter this morning you wanted to set them 340. And calling people generous for talking about 280. You cover every single scenario so that after the match you are able to quote when you were right, conveniently ignoring all the darts that missed the board.

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 67 Next >

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk