<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

5th ODI | England vs Pakistan at Cardiff (Match thread)

September 4 2016 at 3:14 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Sep 4, 2016 - 5th ODI at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

England from: EJG Morgan*, MM Ali, JM Bairstow, JT Ball, JC Buttler†, LA Dawson, AD Hales, CJ Jordan, LE Plunkett, AU Rashid, JE Root, JJ Roy, BA Stokes, DJ Willey, CR Woakes, MA Wood

Pakistan from: Azhar Ali*, Babar Azam, Hasan Ali, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Nawaz (3), Mohammad Rizwan†, Sami Aslam, Sarfraz Ahmed†, Sharjeel Khan, Shoaib Malik, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Yasir Shah

Live Scorecard

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
marsker
(Login marskeman)

Re: 5th ODI | England vs Pakistan at Cardiff (Match thread)

September 4 2016, 10:14 AM 

Rashid and plunkett.dropped.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 4 2016, 10:16 AM 

marsker (Login marskeman)
Posted Sep 4, 2016 10:14 AM

Rashid and plunkett.dropped.

I'm sure the above comment is tongue in cheek, both are "rested".

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 4 2016, 10:42 AM 

Dead rubber. Chance for the Yorkshire boys to improve their drinks making skills ahead of the winter tour

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 4 2016, 11:07 AM 

I wonder why they didn't give poor Joe a rest.
God he must be knackered.......
I wonder if he even knows where he's waking up half the time - does he ever get to go home.....?

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 4 2016, 11:10 AM 

They will give him the rest to coincide with our last three CC matches. Although he can have a rest for the next 40 overs now

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 4 2016, 11:15 AM 

That was a lazy and mentally tired looking shot, with no footwork leaving big gap. He should have been rested and Ali tried at number 3.

Phil
(Login PB123)

September 4 2016, 11:15 AM 

64-2 shame Joe was out so cheaply.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 4 2016, 12:14 PM 

Steve ---- "I wonder why they didn't give poor Joe a rest.
God he must be knackered.......
I wonder if he even knows where he's waking up half the time - does he ever get to go home.....?"

Joe has played far less cricket than 100`s of county players this season, do they all need a rest?? Nearly all the county cricketers play 4 times more days cricket than Joe does each season.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 4 2016, 12:35 PM 

I wonder if that's true?
If you looked at the year as a whole - since January 1st - how many days of cricket has Joe played...?
I appreciate your point and I know what youre saying - but with the volume of international cricket these days and given that Joe plays in all three formats I bet hes played a lot of cricket this year.
You also have to factor in the travelling and the overnight stays - in the current one day series he's played five games in five different cities while our lads have spent a week in Southampton watching the rain.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 4 2016, 12:48 PM 

You also have to factor in the higher levels of intensity, pressure and scrutiny associated with international cricket. I suspect it takes a greater toll than county cricket.

(Login Jacobus24)

September 4 2016, 12:57 PM 

Both Sri Lanka series were a joke, this one day series vs Pakistan has been. Had the ECB chose to play on pitches like they did against Australia last year then the same would have applied to the tests.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 4 2016, 7:22 PM 

That'll teach 'em for dropping Rashid, Ali & Plunkett.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 5 2016, 12:07 AM 

Yes it does seem a little odd to leave out the two main spinners and only go in with Dawson's part-timers (and that is all they are at international level) at a ground like Cardiff, but when you're 4-0 up I guess you can afford to experiment. I think today will remind England of the importance of having wicket-takers like Rashid and Plunkett to bowl the middle overs; the likes of Dawson and Jordan just didn't offer the same threat today. As much as the batting, I think we suffered from the same thing in the SF v Surrey, they had Meaker's extra pace through the middle overs but we didn't have an attacking option to trouble Davies and Foakes.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk