Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: toss

September 5 2016, 2:45 PM 

You sound a real ray of sunshine!

(Login Jacobus24)

September 5 2016, 2:52 PM 

Jason Roy is another, just being honest really.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 5 2016, 2:57 PM 

And Jacques Rudolph? Turned his back on his country to play for Yorkshire, lining his pockets in the process. Didn't stop him bring fully committed though, did it?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 5 2016, 3:00 PM 

Durham squad

Paul Collingwood (c), Mark Stoneman, Keaton Jennings, Scott Borthwick, Jack Burnham, Michael Richardson, Graham Clark, Stuart Poynter (wk), Usman Arshad, Barry McCarthy, Graham Onions, Chris Rushworth

Yorkshire squad

Gary Ballance, Tim Bresnan, Jack Brooks, Ben Coad, Matthew Fisher, Andrew Gale ©, Andrew Hodd (w), Alex Lees, Jake Lehmann, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson, Azeem Rafiq, Ryan Sidebottom

Matthew Fisher back, will he play, and who for?? Can not see point of him being in the squad if not playing.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 5 2016, 3:02 PM 

Same XI unless someone is carrying an injury, surely? I can't see us picking five seamers.

(Login Jacobus24)

September 5 2016, 3:08 PM 

Jacques has had confidence issues over his career but had he chose the ECB pathway then i would agree. I didn't mention Eoin Morgan mainly because the Irish don't play much International cricket.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 5 2016, 3:13 PM 

Seadog --- Yorkshire have a second X1 match starting tomorrow. Fisher would be playing in that if fit. The fact he is not and in the first X1 squad would suggest to me he is both fit and playing for the first team. I may be totally wrong, but that is what it appears like.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 5 2016, 3:18 PM 

He's certainly fit, Stu. He took five wickets for the academy the other day.

Howden73
(Login howden73)

Re: Pre-match thread CC - Yorks v Durham

September 5 2016, 3:22 PM 

Lancs havent't raised their game since they thrashed Surrey by an innings at OT in the 5th game of the season - they have been somewhere between mediocre and terrible since.sad.gif

In the return against Surrey, they were terrible to lose by 10 wickets and against Yorkshire (poor at Headingley and mediocre at OT).

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 5 2016, 3:28 PM 

I'm hoping for a Yorkshire win in a low-scoring encounter so Durham get a maximum of 3 points.

I hope it's not a "batsman-friendly" wicket.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 5 2016, 3:35 PM 

If Yorks get 250-300 on the board in the first innings I'll be confident of winning. Jennings apart, Durham's batting has been very weak lately.

(Login matthefish2002)

September 5 2016, 4:04 PM 

If winning the toss I would 99% of time bat first and see no reason not to do it tomorrow even if an earlier start.
Predict it will be a result wicket and a low scoring game.
Will be there for Wednesdays play and the weather seems kind to us this week.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 5 2016, 4:23 PM 

Same team as v Hampshire surely.

Fisher was 12th man v Warwickshire. Good to have as back up.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 5 2016, 5:31 PM 

Expect that Durham will decide to field without any toss, as bowling early in day (10.30 start) is their stronger suit than batting. Maybe Fisher will play instead of Patto, who has not been quite at his best in recent games, but it will be tough call to make.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 5 2016, 9:10 PM 

Durham have confirmed that their request for Stokes and Wood to be released from the t20 squad has been agreed by the England management in order that they can prove their fitness for the winter test squad by playing a four day game this week.

England have also requested that Garry Ballance be rested by Yorkshire and Adam Lyth has been suspended for his inappropriate comment about the weather as he boarded the bus leaving the Hampshire game on Saturday.

Jake Lehmann has been called up to the Aussie C team who are playing in The Maldives, Andrew Gale has been asked to appear before a Lords disciplinary committee at 2pm tomorrow to answer questions about bringing the game into disrepute from an incident reported by Angus Fraser the Middlesex director of cricket and England have asked for Alistair Cook to be loaned to Durham in order to get some batting practice against better attacks than those in division 2.

The umpires tomorrow are former Durham player Michael Gough and former Middlesex player Ian Gould.

Meanwhile Middlesex have Eoin Morgan available to join on day 2, Finn for the whole match and in the absence of Aussie overseas players Adam Voges and George Bailey, they have signed Virat Kohli on a three week deal along with AB de Villiers as a Kolpak.

lancashire have rested young opener Hameed who has been asked to attend nets at Loughborough and be measured for his winter touring gear.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 5 2016, 9:26 PM 

Do you know I got to the second paragraph before realizing it was a spoof. It all sounded so likely.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 5 2016, 11:28 PM 

Re: the Headingley/ Scarborough debate, Stu was actually correct in his first assumption. We have played 4 games at Headingley this season, drawing the first and then winning the following 3. Last season we also drew the first Headingley match of the season before going on to win all 5 subsequent matches. In total over the last two years we have won 8 out of 10 matches at Headingley- our record at the ground in the last couple of years is just as good as Stu suggested, and better than our record at Scarborough in the same period. Let's hope this continues this week and next!

This message has been edited by _JG_ on Sep 5, 2016 11:44 PM

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 6 2016, 8:40 AM 

Yes, had me fooled until the Lyth bit.happy.gif

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 6 2016, 8:48 AM 

The Lyth bit actually happened according to cricinfo article so ecb response may just be delayed

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk