<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

no bairstow or root for remainder of season

September 5 2016 at 2:21 PM
menston yccc  (Login menstonyccc)

thanks ecb - finn available for Middlesex as we know

decision also to be made on Rashid, willey and plunkett

ecb just looking to finish the job off of handing the title to Middlesex

I would have thought playing in a title decider would be good practice especially after a month without test cricket

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login Jacobus24)

Re: no bairstow or root for remainder of season

September 5 2016, 2:30 PM 

I very much doubt our friend 'Rooter' will be too bothered, i'm certain Bluey would care more about playing.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 5 2016, 2:35 PM 

You can argue that Root might be more in need of the rest but, to call his commitment to Yorkshire into question, is unfair and unwarranted.

Jim
(Login Tingleytyke)

September 5 2016, 2:39 PM 

Not surprised by this it is as though there is a conspiracy to stop us winning the championship. Both players centrally contracted but I am surprised the other 3 are potentially not going to be available ,the amount of cricket they have played over the last couple of weeks is ridiculously low.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 5 2016, 2:41 PM 

I assume that means that JB is now a centrally contracted player or is about to become one, as England can only control "contracted" players re availability. If no contract with England, then surely the club control who is made available or not.

It is a joke, but unfortunately no one finds it even slightly amusing.

Middlesex have a full squad of players to select from, while we have at least two missing and possibly 3 (it would not surprise me if Rashid was made unavailable as well).

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Sep 5, 2016 2:41 PM

Egham Tyke
(Login Davetyke)

September 5 2016, 2:41 PM 

Think Joe needs the rest, that looked a tired shot yesterday. Think JB still has a point to prove hence the fire is still in his belly. Talking of which I had some very nice lamb samosas at Woking Food Festival yesterday. Nothing to do with this thread but just thought I'd share the info happy.gif

Thomas
(Login YorkshireAllOver)

September 5 2016, 2:44 PM 

Not only this, but if Stokes of Hales are allowed to play for Durham or Notts respectively surely there are some double standards, as they both play all 3 formats (albeit Stokes has missed a fair bit due to injury)

But not to allow the other three to play would be ludicrous, although only Rashid would play, but he could be the difference between winning the title or not

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 5 2016, 2:52 PM 

I'd be surprised if Stokes and Wood are risked again this summer. Finn will play because he's coming back from injury. I don't care if Hales plays; Notts are all but down!

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 5 2016, 2:52 PM 

Ridiculous state of affairs as I posted the other day about Finn, who can play against Notts and Lancs in next two matches while Anderson, Buttler and Broad are NOT being allowed to play.

Why are Middlesex being given a helping hand? I also note relegation-threatened Durham MIGHT have Stokes and Wood made available for two vital matches to gain an advantage at the wrong end of the division.

Buttler keeps telling everyone he wants to keepm wickets in Tests but has not played a single four-day match for Lancs this season.sad.gif

NB: I'd be outraged if Stokes is allowed to play for Durham....earlier in the season Durham won a close match by two wickets against Lancs at Southport. The ECB allowed Anderson to play just the two first innings, but Stokes was allowed to play the whole match and scored a vital 30-odd in the second innings before being run out just four or five runs short of victory.

At the moment, Lancs have 153 points from 14 games; Durham 150 from 13. Who knows? If Anderson had been allowed to play the whole match (or Stokes just half a match), Lancs may now be on 169 from 14 and Durham deep in the brown stuff with 134 from 13. Incidentally, that "superstar" Nathan Buck (4-0-26-0) was Anderson's replacement for the second innings of a low-scoring game....draw your own conclusions.

It makes a mockery of the Championship when the outcome of some matches is affected by the whims of one or two self-important people at the ECB.

This message has been edited by howden73 on Sep 5, 2016 3:05 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 5 2016, 3:04 PM 

Totally agree Howden, but it will never change, because the ECB do not give a toss about CC cricket. JB has played in 4 white ball matches in the last three weeks, and he needs a rest. It`s a ******* joke.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

my take on the cituation

September 5 2016, 3:06 PM 

not allowing jb to play against Durham is no surprise when jb said on sky this week as long as he is in the squad that's fine , jb will not rock the boat , looking at it another way root , Bairstow , Rashid ,Ballance ,plunket ,Willey , must give us more finance for next year .

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 5 2016, 3:12 PM 

At this late stage of the season (say with 2 or 3 matches to go) and with titles, promotion and relegation at stake, there should be a rule that ALL or NO centrally contracted players are made available to counties.

A player like Finn could prove his PHYSICAL fitness in a 2nd XI match.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: my take on the cituation

September 5 2016, 3:17 PM 

Fully expected it against Durham, but not in the Somerset & Middlesex games.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

last game

September 5 2016, 3:46 PM 

it would not surprise me if the Middlesex game is on tv and watch all the England players want to play because it's on tv .

Thomas
(Login YorkshireAllOver)

September 5 2016, 3:52 PM 

I know Notts are all but down but my point is if he were allowed to play, having played in every England match this summer, and Root, who has played in all but one, and Bairstow, who has played in all but three and isn't in the T20I squad, weren't allowed it would be double standards from the ECB

This message has been edited by YorkshireAllOver on Sep 5, 2016 3:55 PM

Howden73
(Login howden73)

Re: last game

September 5 2016, 3:54 PM 

Just read the article on the ECB website.

Interestingly, the article says "Warwickshire have been asked to rest Chris Woakes from their final championship fixture against Lancashire after his busy season."

Does that mean Warwickshire can ignore the request if Woakes is not on a FULL central contract?

Further down, it says both Vince and Dawson CAN play for relegation-threatened Hampshire in the final two games.

Maybe I am being paranoic, but the ECB seem to favour the southern teams like Middlesex, Hampshire and Essex (Alistair Cook being allowed to play last week and this coming week).

Papag
(Login Papag1)

September 5 2016, 3:57 PM 

Come on YCCC lets be hearing from you, speak up for our county our supporters and members and future members, what is going on just isn't right fair, grow a pair and tell the ECB on non contracted players where to go.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 5 2016, 4:08 PM 

What I hadn't realised is that names in the ECB article only relate to the ODI squad - because the ODIs are first in the Bangladesh tour not at the end.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 5 2016, 4:19 PM 

I suppose we should be grateful we can still play Ballance and then hopefully Rashid.

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see one of our replacements like Hodd hit the winning boundary off Finn at Lords to secure us the title in front of the watching ECB suits and selectors.

Re Root, let's not forget he led us to the title 2 seasons ago when Gale was unfairly denied the chance to collect the trophy but then the sky and ecb boys would much rather see a household name like Root with the trophy rather than the bloke who has done the job over the season.

They may not be allowed to play, but I hope they both still turn up, support and are visible from the balcony to show some people on here they still care about Yorkshire.

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 5 2016, 4:37 PM 

Wonder what Boycott would have made of things if he had been put on a central contract.happy.gif

....and denied the chance to occupy the crease nearly every day of the summer.

This message has been edited by howden73 on Sep 5, 2016 4:39 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk