<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Papag
(Login Papag1)

Re: last game

September 5 2016, 4:39 PM 

Hope the boys do turn up and sure they will however I would also like the YCCC hierarchy to turn up and at the very least and register their / our displeasure at having to play weakened teams all season in all competitions even when England are not playing ,maybe this would alleviate the current feeling that we are no longer an independent organisation and just a member of a seemingly dictating ECB.

(Login dpressed)

September 5 2016, 4:44 PM 

Not surprised about Root. He's played a lot of cricket this year, but Bluey Jnr hasn't. We'll miss Rashid who's spent half the summer not playing for England.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 5 2016, 5:05 PM 

Central contracts 2015-16.

The full list of centrally contracted players is: as at September last year (new list due out soon).

Moeen Ali (Worcestershire)
James Anderson (Lancashire)
Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
Jos Buttler (Lancashire)
Alastair Cook (Essex)
Steven Finn (Middlesex)
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)
Joe Root (Yorkshire)
Ben Stokes (Durham)
Mark Wood (Durham)

A further eight players have been awarded incremental contracts:
Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Gary Ballance (Yorkshire), Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), James Taylor (Nottinghamshire)

JB is NOT centrally contracted, so is OUR player. We should decide when or where he can play, not the ECB.

He may well have a central contract soon, but he has not at the moment. We pay his wages, so we should have freedom to pick him.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Sep 5, 2016 5:06 PM

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 5 2016, 5:22 PM 

It's possible he already has a central contract; it depends when the old ones expire. They should be announced any day now.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 5 2016, 5:24 PM 

The decision to give Root a complete rest is common sense but not to release Bairstow after excluding him from this week's 20/20 squad is just a nonsense. Nobody benefits more than YJB from time actually batting in middle, not sitting on balconies. Clear case of ECB discrimination against Yorkshire CC and showing bias in favour of their Lords based county team. We can expect more Yorkshire players being "rested" before CC decider against Middlesex. Plenty of Incentive for the rest of our boys.

Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

September 5 2016, 5:31 PM 

Boycott missed plenty of Yorkshire cricket as a result of his own assessments of his fitness, some of them highly unpopular with other players.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 5 2016, 5:34 PM 

They run from 1/10 to 30/9 and normally announced during the 3rd week of September for the following year. JB has not got one yet, but will have in another three weeks time.

(Login WhiteroseDave)

September 5 2016, 6:10 PM 

I might have got this completely wrong but isn't there some sort of points system (different number of points for playing a test/ODI/t20) that end with an award of a central contract if a certain number are hit? If that is the case then Johnny has probably got enough to have one already.

alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

September 5 2016, 6:12 PM 

I think it's fair to say that the County Championship has entered the realm of the irrelevant and inconsequenfial for the ECB's administration. And with the former Yorkshire chair in the top position.

Yes, it's time for county administrators to speak out. County members and casual fans Re being shortchanged.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 5 2016, 6:29 PM 

Re contracts; Yes that's correct - players are upgraded when they rack up appearances. JB has played quite a lot of tests I a row do that's probably what's happened.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 5 2016, 6:33 PM 

Serious question: How are county administrators going to protest and revolt against the body whose hand-outs keep them afloat? If more people turned up to county games, the short change argument might hold water. But they don't, so it doesn't.

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

September 5 2016, 6:46 PM 

Given that many stars rarely play for their county teams, a significant number of CC matches are played in the worst weather months, the CC schedule is chopped and channeled into various segments around the T20 and OD matches, and that there are way too many international matches, the short change argument fills a barrel. The ECB couldn't do much more to wreck the county game if they were trying to do so on purpose. Very short term, counter-productive thinking in my opinion

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 5 2016, 6:50 PM 

He will get one within the next two weeks, but at the moment has NOT got one, until it is announced. They do have a points system and he will have enough points, but next years have not been announced yet, so at the moment he is NOT a centrally contracted player. They run from 1/10 to 30/9 yearly. Once he gets one his salary will be paid for by the ECB and they can do what they want with him, until then he is still our player. It is a poor do when we are paying Jonnys salary but we are not allowed to play him.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 5 2016, 7:06 PM 

If Bairstow's not contracted to the ECB how can they dictate to Yorks that they can't play the player whose wages they pay?
They can surely only request, as they have done to Warks re Woakes?

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 5 2016, 7:31 PM 

If JB is not contracted to the ECB then YCCC members and fans deserve a better explanation from the YCCC club as to why he will not be playing in the final two games than that which is currently posted on the website.

It is going to be a rather hollow title win for Middlesex if they win it under these circumstances. I would actually feel a bit cheated as a Middlesex player, as I would fancy my chances (wrongly, mind) of beating a full strength Yorkshire and winning the title properly.

Gary Watton
(Login GaryFulford)

September 5 2016, 7:51 PM 

I would not fret too much about Finn being available for Middlesex. He's way overrated and not even their best bowler. I can't see his inclusion boosting Middlesex that much. If we get Rashid back for the plainly inferior Rafiq, we will be fine.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 5 2016, 7:55 PM 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/1053429.html

We may have Bairstow back next year, unless of course he plays purely as a batsman.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 5 2016, 8:28 PM 

Until he has played we will never know if he is capable of being any better with gloves or bat. He may be another Lyth, Robson, Compton or Vince whose county runs count for nothing once a lack of test runs becomes evident.

Has Foakes ever kept in a five day game or has he kept wicket for a full season?

Bairstow is improving with bat and gloves. Persevere, keep coaching him and be patient.

I am pretty sure once you rack up the points you get the central contract status and the annual renewal is then forward looking for the next year ahead. I don't think there is any way JB cannot currently have a full central contract playing tests when Buttler plays the odd one Dayer when fit and has one.

This message has been edited by ThirdUmpire on Sep 5, 2016 8:57 PM

Idle Man
(Login Idle_man)

September 5 2016, 8:45 PM 

Jonny should be an automatic choice to bat somewhere from 5 to 7. What they do about the wk position is a separate issue but doesn't alter this.

Ball-Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

September 5 2016, 10:49 PM 

I'm sorry. I do not subscribe to Conspiracy Theories. I think Bayliss & Farbrace & Gibson probably make most of the decisions about who is rested, who released. In good faith.

I understand the rants against the ECB. But, I'll point out, again, the ECB are just the people we, as County Members, elect to sit round a table.

We should start there. Elect people who will do what we want.

Counties are very reliant on ECB money. Root, Bairstow, Fisher, Lyth, the lot of 'em have been groomed using money generated by the ECB.

I'll hear arguments. But, who do people feel are sat around which table planning & plotting against Yorkshire?

Surely not Bayliss, Farbs & Otis? Or are people blaming Strauss?

I'll give you a way out... the ECB are clueless, not devious.

PS, have I mentioned I'm also a Middlesex Member?

Phil
twitter @ball_sup
Blog Address
http://www.ball-sup.blogspot.co.uk

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk