<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
ian
(Login devon_outcast)

Finn's future

September 7 2016, 9:41 AM 

I agree with much of the sentiment that JB and JR should have been asked what they wanted to do, let's take a step back.

If you were Stephen Finn right now. How secure would you be feeling about your international future? Large numbers of 'team England' being wrapped in cotton wool between series and you're told 'do as you like son'. Was there 'you'll get plenty of rest while we're in india'?

I feel Hodd has flourished with the certainty of selection this summer.

Ian

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: Finn's future

September 7 2016, 9:54 AM 

Root would likely want to play every game though, then in five years the same people would be complaining that he's burnout and his back has packed in.

At this stage Root and Bairstow not being available is fine. I'll consider any conspiracies if Rashid, Plunkett and Willey become unavailable though!

We profited against Notts when Ball was called upto the Odi series, one in which he was never going to even get close to playing in.

This message has been edited by Dwight_Schrute on Sep 7, 2016 9:55 AM

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

September 7 2016, 10:36 AM 

How do we know if players are asked or not?

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 7 2016, 10:45 AM 

It's like earlier in the summer when that idiot Vaughan was talking about players playing through pain (I think it was when Anderson was rested/injured/not deemed fit for a test match) and he mentioned Flintoff and how he played when 50% fit for him!

This is the same Flintoff who had to retire at 31 because he wasn't managed through his career.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 7 2016, 11:20 AM 

To be fair a lot of Fred's problem was as much lack of self management as management by the coaches.

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 7 2016, 3:01 PM 

After he became an England regular, most Lancashire fans were delighted when Flintoff was NOT available for championship matches - their performances always seemed to drop off when Freddie was in the line-up (probably the media attention etc.).

If Flintoff was playing, press box seats were like gold dust as the "Red Tops" sent non-cricket writers to some matches.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk