<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

Re: Richardson gone off injured

September 6 2016, 2:43 PM 

Oh dear, I really thought today was set up well for Gale to get a big score.

Jay
(Login overman8)

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP | Yorkshire vs Durham at Leeds (Day 1)

September 6 2016, 2:47 PM 

Gale bowled by Onions, that would have brought a tear to his eye.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 6 2016, 2:48 PM 

Think this month will see end of Gale's career as first team player and probably Gary Ballance will take over captaincy. I thought he did pretty well in Scarborough game when called upon to lead the side. Hopefully our Aussie will now do well.

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Sep 6, 2016 2:49 PM

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 6 2016, 2:54 PM 

If Ballance keeps his test place next summer as he will certainly be hoping ?

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 6 2016, 2:56 PM 

Anyone else think Durham are over-bowling Onions - 20 overs out of a possible 57, according to Cricinfo?

Smacks of a bit of desperation to me.

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 6 2016, 3:03 PM 

I was talking to some Durham fans at Scarborough last year who said Onions was finished - not interested , last season etc . Doesn't look like they were correct .
Perhaps some are also writing off our Mr Gale a little too soon ?

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 6 2016, 3:12 PM 

Well it's at the very least an extended run of terrible form. Still has less Championship runs than Bairstow this season.

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

September 6 2016, 3:15 PM 

There are a fair few players with less runs than Bairstow this season. I'm undecided on Gale.

Do we know any more about the Durham injury?

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 6 2016, 3:15 PM 

That i would agree with . Lets hope he can round off the season with a 100 at Lords . Alex seems to be stuck in the 90s here .

This message has been edited by garywilson2 on Sep 6, 2016 3:16 PM

Seth Rollins
(Login colbylopez)

RE: Richardson gone off injured

September 6 2016, 3:20 PM 

Well played Alex lees. Brings his hundred with a 4

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

Re: RE: Richardson gone off injured

September 6 2016, 3:23 PM 

Well done Alex Lees - timely and very valuable century in this key match in our CC hat trick quest. Keep going boys for 400 plus.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP | Yorkshire vs Durham at Leeds (Day 1)

September 6 2016, 3:42 PM 

I wonder if we should declare on 275 or 280 since we never seem to win matches anymore when we amass a much bigger score. (No I'm not being serious, but one or two others on here seem to reckon we are at our most lethal when we score less than three hundred. Silly talk.) Let's get as many runs as possible and then take twenty wickets.

Gary, are you deliberately trying to wind me up?

I did not post an opinion on this, just simply a fact.

FACT: We have won more games scoring less than 300 runs in first innings than when we have scored over 400....don't believe me? check it out for yourself.....no opinion here, just fact.

This i think is based on us batting for too long and failing to give our bowlers chance to bowl out the opposition twice.

No problem here with good weather forecast, we should go on to at least 500 runs before we consider a declaration.

Seth Rollins
(Login colbylopez)

TE: Richardson gone off injured

September 6 2016, 3:50 PM 

Durham 12th man just said that Richardson has dislocated his finger and he got taken off because they couldn't get it back in place! Colly still keeping after tea

JG
(Login _JG_)

Re: TE: Richardson gone off injured

September 6 2016, 4:00 PM 

Well played Alex Lees; it was only last week that I said the lack of first innings centuries to set up a game was what he was missing this season, something he has immediately rectified. Weird that both of our openers have had quite good seasons but so rarely seem to have made runs in the same innings...

Richardson injury not the worst news, he always seems to bat well against us.

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

September 6 2016, 4:11 PM 

Yeah, both have had decent individual seasons, Lees has 1000 runs and Lyth has 900.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 6 2016, 4:33 PM 

A word of praise for young Lehmann who has fitted in well and played some useful CC knocks already. Would be nice to see him get ton in this game or before end of season. Pity Lee has just gone but great innings and we still have the Scarborough quartet 😀

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Sep 6, 2016 4:38 PM

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 6 2016, 4:44 PM 

Ironic that Durham's stand-in keeper has just let through two lots of 4 byes in successive balls after they loaned out Phil Mustard to Gloucs.

Nine byes in that Rushworth over which was a maiden!!

This message has been edited by howden73 on Sep 6, 2016 4:48 PM

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 6 2016, 4:46 PM 

If we can get 9 an over in byes, we do not need to risk hitting the ball to get full bonus points 😀

Mart
(Login Wharfester)

September 6 2016, 4:50 PM 

It sounds like Rushworth's exhausted (and Colly ain't getting any younger on top of 2 broken thumbs this season - respect!)

Jake has certainly settled right in - Cally has just tipped him for a full season contract which could work well for both parties.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 6 2016, 5:31 PM 

Hope we are not shutting up shop for the evening as this will make it harder tomorrow to get the fifth batting point. Still 5 overs to press on for bonus points. Is Colly bowling and keeping wicket - versatile😀 Need 4 an over from here to get 5 points. Another 4 byes - have they got a keeper!!

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Sep 6, 2016 5:35 PM

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk