<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
(Login WhiteShamrock)

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP | Yorkshire vs Durham at Leeds (Day 3)

September 8 2016, 2:02 PM 

As Lyth and Lees continue to make steady progress, some may be interested to learn that in the Second XI Final currently being played in Durham, the home team's 2nd XI are well ahead of Middlesex 2nds who are following on, a mere 302 runs behind.

Durham scored 504, with Paul Coughlin, [presumably "dropped" from the First XI together with Arshad(?)] scoring 231 before running himself out.

Live scorecard:- https://www.totalcricketscorer.com/TCSLive/TCSScorecard.aspx?id=52792

This message has been edited by WhiteShamrock on Sep 8, 2016 2:04 PM

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 8 2016, 2:07 PM 

So .. when do we declare . I presume to a degree that depends on Patto being on the field tomorrow or not .

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 8 2016, 2:12 PM 

Both our opening batsmen now averaging nearly 40 apiece in their first class careers.
That's pretty good I believe.

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 8 2016, 2:14 PM 

I think they were both above 40 after the 2014 season but dropped last year . Ballance was just above 50 for a long time but he too has dropped slightly .

batdog
(Login batdog)

September 8 2016, 2:15 PM 

350 will likely be enough.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 8 2016, 2:16 PM 

Looks like we are going to have to win this one to keep up with Middlesex.

(Login matthefish2002)

September 8 2016, 2:19 PM 

I remember reading I think either on here or elsewhere that no batsmen has ever scored a century in both innings in a match at Headingley?
Crossed my mind seeing Alex Lees is currently 50 not out at the moment. I apologise in advance if I have put the kiss of death on him.

This message has been edited by matthefish2002 on Sep 8, 2016 2:21 PM

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 8 2016, 2:21 PM 

Well done openers - century in good time 😀

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 8 2016, 2:22 PM 

Five an over from here would get us to maybe 420, leaving us with 20 overs to bowl this evening. Suggest Gale will want at least 400 lead.

The ease with which we are putting together these runs this afternoon vindicates our decision to bat again in my book. Make the most of sunny conditions. Try to break the back of the Durham bowling after tea and first thing and a decent spell available with the second new ball tomorrow..

This message has been edited by Martinh00 on Sep 8, 2016 2:38 PM

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 8 2016, 3:13 PM 

hope you can still say that tomorrow afternoon and that we are not watching the rain fall with durham on 120-6 or something

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 8 2016, 3:17 PM 

You will be hoping that happens so you can say i told you so, faultless display so far, bat 10 overs after tea in t20 mode get another 60 or 70 & get them back in

(Login trinity44)

September 8 2016, 3:24 PM 

Just heard Onions tell his wife we'll declare soon.

Mart
(Login Wharfester)

September 8 2016, 3:31 PM 

Forecast improving and now suggests a full day tomorrow - I was tempted to enforce but as Gary says, the (non-armchair) generals in the dressing room will have a clearer view of the Patto situation and the other bowlers' opinions. And it's gone very well so far - could've been facing the prospect of a battling draw if Stoneman & Jennings had got the chance to settle in.

Still interesting at Trent Bridge - it's turning out to be a classic run-in for the Championship (and hence even sweeter...)

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 8 2016, 3:31 PM 

"Guest (Login Fozzie1973)
Posted Sep 8, 2016 3:17 PM

You will be hoping that happens so you can say i told you so, faultless display so far, bat 10 overs after tea in t20 mode get another 60 or 70 & get them back in"

Maybe but unlike T20, they can bowl wide of the wicket with 7 or 8 men on the boundary.
In the first innings Collingwood had 5 or 6 men on the boundary at times.
I think they'll be looking to set Durham a minimum of 425 to win.
Patterson's absence could be a massive blow.
The BBC forecast for Leeds suggests it will be clear until later tomorrow but the Weather Channel is forecasting showers possibly from 4pm (35% likelihood).
So who do you believe?
How would you decide what to do on those conflicting reports?
The forecast is not so cut & dried as some would have us believe.

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 8 2016, 3:34 PM 

Personally think 400 is enough & would want at least 15 overs at them tonight

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 8 2016, 3:41 PM 

Pretty easy to score 5-6 an over when everyone is on the boundary though. Bat on ball is a minumum single, plus odd two.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 8 2016, 3:47 PM 

Don't think there is anything wrong with taking possible showers into consideration. Even if they don't come Durham will still be chasing over 400, can have all weekend if they want, they won't get em!

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 8 2016, 3:49 PM 

How many runs does Adam need to get to 1000 for the season....?

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 8 2016, 3:51 PM 

Well Middlesex are currently being held up by a Hutton born in Doncaster and one of our former spinners.

Today has gone just as our scriptwriters would have liked things to go at headingley. Added bonus Peter decided not to go as he thought we would be negative! Sorry Peter but that may have inspired our boys. Get yourself there tomorrow whatever the forecast as you may see a key victory.

Mart
(Login Wharfester)

September 8 2016, 3:52 PM 

Adam needs a ton for his thousand...

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 6 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk