<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Obvious Steve

September 9 2016, 2:24 PM 

Its all going to come down to Lords - i think we always knew that it would.
Another obvious statement perhaps.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 9 2016, 2:26 PM 

Another excellent victory - well done! It will be really galling if we lose title by one point, but here's hoping it will not happen.

David in Morley
(Login DavidinMorley)

September 9 2016, 2:29 PM 

So is that bye bye Notts?

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 9 2016, 2:29 PM 

Dwight, Middlesex let 4 BP go begging through their poor batting.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 9 2016, 2:30 PM 

Great victory with the team showing character and strength and willpower to win.

The missed bonus point is not an issue. Middlesex might have got another batting bonus point in this game but we're out for 247 so let's forget the Asifs and Butts

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 9 2016, 2:33 PM 

I'm aware of how many Middlesex missed out on. That doesn't mean it's ok for us to miss out on them from a position of strength.

(Login matthefish2002)

September 9 2016, 2:35 PM 

Excellent win today.
Apart from Lyths early dismissal on the first morning we were always comfortably ahead in this game.

Make us slight favourites to win the Championship but Middlesex will be a tough nut to crack.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 9 2016, 2:49 PM 

A fine comfortable win to put us within 1 point of middlesex.

But if teams are level on points then middlesex will win the title, so we have to outperform middlesex in the next match by taking 2 more bonus points than them should we both get the same result, otherwise we go to lords needing to outscore them in bp or to win the game.

Thats what failing to get 8 runs in 11 balls in what was a pretty onesided match has cost us.

(Login Danum)

September 9 2016, 2:50 PM 

Good win. Clinical performance worthy of would be champions.

So now just one point behind Middlesex. At the risk of being negative that would be the point we so carelessly let go by on Wednesday. Let's just hope that we don't actually come to rue that lack of resolve.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

two games left

September 9 2016, 2:53 PM 

the somerset game is the bigger of the two if we could get a good result from that it could make a big difference how we approach the Middlesex game , and will be very interesting the team we put out so let's not have a defeatist attitude to the team .

(Login Fozzie1973)

Re: two games left

September 9 2016, 2:57 PM 

who's got a defeatist atitude to the team everyone's comments seem positive

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

bonus points

September 9 2016, 3:06 PM 

how can you have views on not getting bonus points when you were not at the match it was very difficult to get the ball away when the fielders were put out to stop any fours .

Papag
(Login Papag1)

County Championship Integrity

September 9 2016, 3:10 PM 

For the integrity of the County Championship and fairness to competing sides along with fans for matches that involve relegation / prospective champions all such teams should be allowed by the ECB to select their players for the games if fit, if not I really fear for the British county game.

Its not as if England are playing Australia its Bangladesh in a months time and they start with one day games

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: County Championship Integrity

September 9 2016, 3:18 PM 

Hodd scored 8 off 33 i think that morning. Wasn't the lack of boundaries. Rafiq was scoring them freely.

(Login Danum)

September 9 2016, 3:20 PM 

wakefieldfan your assumption is wide of the mark. I have been there all four days and I stand by what I said. We lost a point by rallying at the start of the day and Hodd taking a run off a ball that was clearly to be caught and denying Rafiq the strike.

Repeat also what I said about a great win. Not negative....just saying how thes things can count.

(Login Danum)

September 9 2016, 3:22 PM 

For rallying read dallying in previous post

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

bonus points

September 9 2016, 3:37 PM 

it was Blackpool tyke I was talking to not you sir .

(Login Danum)

Re: bonus points

September 9 2016, 3:45 PM 

Ah, I see. Thank you.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 9 2016, 4:23 PM 

"""how can you have views on not getting bonus points when you were not at the match it was very difficult to get the ball away when the fielders were put out to stop any fours ."""

at the risk of labouring a point, if all the fielders were on the boundary then it should be relatively simple to get 8 singles from 11 balls, they got none. Don't have to be at the game to see that. How many times have teams needed 8 off 11 balls and failed even to get a single?

Now imagine needing 8 from the last 11 balls with 4 wickets left against middlesex to beat them on the last day of the season, how people would complain if we batted out 11 dot balls and handed the title to middlesex?

If patto could not do it then he should have run a bye to the keeper.

Oh and why were your comments addressed to me when many others have posted the same view?

A fine win nonetheless and i just hope that that point lost does not come back to bite us on the bum.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 9 2016, 4:24 PM 

The absence of JB in the last two games is going to be a bigger factor than one missed batting point, I fear. We look good going into the last two games - with Jonny in the line-up, we would have looked formidable.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk