<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

England players

September 9 2016 at 3:49 PM
Moore3024  (Login southerntyke)

Does anyone know which of our 'rested' Endland players were at Headingley to support their team mates?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
David
(Login dikaiopolis)

Re: England players

September 9 2016, 3:58 PM 

Marty Emmerson on the radio said he bumped into Jonny Bairstow in a Headingley sandwich shop during one of the lunch breaks, so he was in the vacinity

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 9 2016, 4:03 PM 

Jonny was there as was Liam yesterday.

Someone asked JB about not being able to play and his response, paraphrased and sanitised, is that he was a tad upset about it!

This message has been edited by legglance on Sep 9, 2016 4:04 PM

Phil
(Login PB123)

September 9 2016, 4:07 PM 

Apologies if posted elsewhere but I thought the ECB were going to make a decision after Wednesday's t20 fixture regarding Plunkett, Rashid & Willey being available for the last 2 games in the championship have we heard anything yet ?

This message has been edited by PB123 on Sep 9, 2016 4:08 PM

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 9 2016, 4:25 PM 

Believe Joe Root has been Loch Lomond playing golf....................can't blame him really.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 9 2016, 4:29 PM 

I can.

so JB and liam are at headingley cheering the boys on, while joe plays golf in loch lomond. Says it all really.

September 9 2016, 4:35 PM 

It doesn't "say it all really" though does it Peter?

I've seen no mention of Adil Rashid being there, if he wasn't there does that "say it all" about him aswell?

alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

September 9 2016, 4:36 PM 

It's probably getting difficult for Joe Root to even consider himself a member of the YCCC given that he rarely plays for Yorkshire. Another downside of the disruptive nature of central contracts and the ECB's total control over the players it "owns."

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 9 2016, 4:41 PM 

So, Joe has a well deserved day off from playing all 3 forms of cricket year round and someone who chooses not to go because they don't like Yorkshires tactics has a go at him.

I feel sure we all know which one is most justified in their decision.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 9 2016, 4:55 PM 

Johnny Bairstow mother said he was very disappointed at being prevented from playing.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 9 2016, 5:04 PM 

yes marsker, no question jonny would have loved to play.

I am not a member of the YCCC, but i would not have played golf today.

I have been listening to cally and following both games of note all day, because even though i was not there i was keen on seeing yorkshire win.

As for Rashid, where has he been today?

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 9 2016, 5:08 PM 

" was keen on seeing Yorkshire win"

Is that the same Yorkshire you don't want to win the title because of their tactics?

September 9 2016, 5:39 PM 

Rashid, along with other England players will have been at Loughborough today.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

adil rashid

September 9 2016, 5:42 PM 

I think the big difference between jb jr is they are not married and adil has a young family .

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 9 2016, 5:46 PM 

LG of course i want to see our team win.

They were wrong wrong wrong at what they did at old trafford and no amount of 'the pitch was deteriating' will get me to change my mind.

Had we have had a go at that, we may have won and now be sitting 10 points clear at the top instead of 1 point behind.

they were also wrong not to enforce the follow on yesterday. As others at the game pointed out had we had the same umpires from last week at southampton we would not have played today and the match would have been drawn....all because we did not enforce yesterday.

We took a chance that we would be able to play today, and ok, it paid off....but why take the chance when the game could have been won yesterday?

September 9 2016, 5:49 PM 

Never knowingly giving up the chance to be wrong Peter now tells us we won the wrong way against Durham! Keep trolling Peter.

Alibor
(Login alibor11)

September 9 2016, 5:52 PM 

Pretty obvious that Root needs break from cricket, so perfectly understand if he fancies few rounds of golf! However, it is equally obvious Bairstow would benefit from playing matches, especially key CC deciders and it is far from clear Bangladesh tour will go ahead and India Tour does not start until November. A poor decision.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 9 2016, 5:57 PM 

But surely Peter, with such accurate weather forecasts available these days,(well there was last week when it suited your argument more) today's play was never in doubt so your conjecture is rendered meaningless.

As for'of course I wanted us to win' how does that square with your wish that you don't want us to win the CC?

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 9 2016, 6:24 PM 

Bairstow has tweeted message of support within minute of the win.

I think Root needs better guidance. Yes I accept he needs a rest as England have flogged him to death. But I wonder if the golf event is appeasing sponsors of England rather than for him to actually relax. If so then this is disappointing when he had a chance to reconnect with the club.

September 9 2016, 6:29 PM 

It wasn't a golf 'event' it was a round of golf with his good friend, Jos Buttler on Jos' birthday. It has absolutely nothing to do with England sponsors.
If you think playing a round of golf with a mate on a day off is a sign that someone needs better guidance then I really worry about what you expect from people.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk