<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

Re: lords

September 11 2016, 3:55 PM 

Wish I'd cancelled last month now. I kept it for one more month specifically for this match!

This message has been edited by twelthman on Sep 11, 2016 3:57 PM

(Login Harrogate50)

Re: lords

September 11 2016, 4:26 PM 

Don't be surprised if it is on.

That's all I will say.

If all else fails, follow ECB county cricket on Twitter. They show wickets pretty much as they fall on there feed

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

sky

September 11 2016, 5:22 PM 

As I have said before sky will not announce if it is on till the very last moment .

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: sky

September 11 2016, 5:25 PM 

I still remain confident the match will be on. They have never not shown the deciding or final match in any previous season, so why change a habit of a lifetime. Possibly waiting to see if Somerset beat us and Middlesex lose, then they will send the cameras to Taunton.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 11 2016, 5:53 PM 

But there's a contractual issue, as pointed out by Sky's David Lloyd - they've already shown their one championship game for the season. I doubt they can just decide to show it at the last minute. I guess we'll see.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 11 2016, 5:55 PM 

I am sure they have shown more than one CC match in previous seasons.

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 11 2016, 5:59 PM 

Usually two in most previous seasons one early in season around May & a match from the penultimate round of games

Will have to see but I'm not confident it will be shown

CaravanShaker
(Login CaravanShaker)

September 12 2016, 10:27 AM 

I can't really take more than 1 day off at the moment, so I'll wait to see how day 1 and 2 pan out, and either go for day 3 or 4 (possibly ducking out early on the previous day to catch the final session). Other than that, cricinfo and BBC for me.

CaravanShaker
(Login CaravanShaker)

September 12 2016, 6:28 PM 

Or perhaps I won't bother...

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 12 2016, 7:44 PM 

Nor will I, the title will be decided this week. Dead rubber next week!!

(Login WhiteroseDave)

September 15 2016, 6:06 PM 

It's on!!

Big Rich.
(Login Newyorkie)

Showdown at Lords.

September 15 2016, 6:33 PM 

How great that it's still all to play for. Hope that the weather doesn't intervene.
Am I right in thinking that they are not allowed to use the floodlights at Lords for County Championship matches?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Showdown at Lords.

September 15 2016, 6:49 PM 

Both sides need to win, or Somerset (with a high points win) could pip both of us to the title, so should be a cracking game, full of attacking cricket from both sides. I am sure it will be a great advert for the 4 day game, so rightly is being shown on SKY.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 15 2016, 6:56 PM 

I think that's correct Rich; as I understand it when Lord's were granted the license to use their floodlights a stipulation about the number of times per year that these could be used was included due to objections from nneighours.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 15 2016, 7:25 PM 

G Dobell has tweeted that the game will be on Sky

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 15 2016, 7:41 PM 

JG, isn't that just for night matches though.

I can understand the neighbours complaining about floodlights being used after 9pm, but before 5.30?

(Login WhiteroseDave)

September 15 2016, 7:55 PM 

An interesting reply from Jason Gillespie on Twitter when asked if all of our England players would be available for the title decider "wait and see". Now he might have just been a bit mischievous but maybe it means there's a chance? I'm probably just grasping at straws.

Steel-City
(Login Steel-City)

September 15 2016, 10:10 PM 

If I was Yorkshire I'd definitely rattle a few cages with the ECB and let them know we want Root and Bairstow for the Middlesex game. I'd also remind them it was Yorkshire/Headingley who put their hands up for the lesser test matches over the last few years (Sri Lanka twice, NZ twice and Windies next year), tell them it's now payback time. If we play hardball with them a bit we might just get Bairstow back for the final game.

EastCoastExile
(Login EastCoastExile)

September 15 2016, 10:20 PM 

Surely its payback for providing a large proportion of the England team in all formats for the entire year.

(Login dpressed)

September 15 2016, 10:35 PM 

Whilst I would be happy if both Bairstow & Root played next week it would prove that English cricket has sold its soul to Sky

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk