Not currently listed for sky sports.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Middlesex Game

September 10 2016, 9:22 AM 

Could be. They do normally show a match in the last week and it is normally a top of the table clash. The cameras will be at Lords for the RL50 Final, so there is a fair chance it will be on.

If Somerset beat us next week and Middlesex lose (highly unlikely), they could go to Taunton I suppose.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 10 2016, 9:26 AM 

No. It's not on Sky.

(Login Fraisse10)

September 10 2016, 10:23 AM 

Whom among us is tentatively planning to go? If the Tuesday forecast is good, I shall be there and thereafter play it by ear but have leave remaining to allow one further day happy.gif

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 10 2016, 11:03 AM 

Been a bit hit and miss this season, but not going to miss any of the final 8 days.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 10 2016, 11:45 AM 

I was convinced it was going to be on Sky, so no hotels booked this year. No idea why Sky are not showing it, as they have shown the last or second last match of the Champions elect every year since they started broadcasting cricket. Hopefully they still might, as the cameras are there for the 1 day Final, so it should not be to much of a problem for them. If not full coverage, maybe we will get highlights every hour on Sky news.

Failing tv coverage, I may go down for the odd day as long as a full 96 overs will be played. It is September, so could be dodgy weather!!

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

September 10 2016, 11:49 AM 

I find it hard to believe that Sky won't be showing it, they always have in the past. Another kick in the nether regions for the CC if not.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 10 2016, 12:03 PM 

It's not listed in the Sky schedule at the moment but that doesn't mean it won't be added- these things are very much subject to change. I would be surprised if it wasn't shown.

(Login Harrogate50)

September 10 2016, 12:04 PM 

I wouldn't take much notice of the current schedule for cricket on Sky. It was only a few days before the T20 finals day that they put details on, and obviously they were going to show those. I believe they are due to show one more CC game.

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 10 2016, 12:16 PM 

Bumble said on twitter last week no plans to show it so not looking likely

Steel-City
(Login Steel-City)

September 10 2016, 12:17 PM 

Struck me the other day instead of faffing around with a couple of CC games on Sky every summer, why doesn't the ECB sell the rights for CC to terrestrial/free to air channels. There's enough channels to go at BBC1, BBC2, BBC red button, ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, Channel 4, E4, Channel 5, 5star (or whatever it's called), Dave, Spike, Eurosport x2 channels. There's plenty of quality CC cricket to air over the summer (Roses matches, Scarborough, Southport, Yorks-Durham & Lancs-Durham always seems to produce good hard competitive northern cricket, Yorks v Surrey/Middx/Notts, Surrey-Middx, festival/outground cricket, early/late season games when England players are available, title deciders, promotion/relegation games) that should appeal to the television companies. They put enough pap on daytime TV, surely they'd prefer putting quality sport on instead.

They don't even have to be exclusive to one channel, they could do what snooker does (BBC/Eurosport from the Crucible) and split the coverage. They could be flexible with what they show, weekdays they might just air 3rd sessions after tea when folks are coming home from schools, colleges and work. At least 16 rounds of CC next summer, the television companies could have a really good product to put out next year. It would be good for the game itself allowing the whole country to watch cricket on free television again.

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

lords

September 10 2016, 12:24 PM 

Sky will not announce whether the game is on sky yet they will leave it to the last minute , the cameras are there for the one day cup so no problem there , so will have to hope it is between Middlesex and Yorkshire .

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: lords

September 10 2016, 1:08 PM 

According to Bumble, the contract only allows one championship game to be shown this season! That's already been shown (us v Notts back in May). So unless things change quickly, it won't be on tv.

Spanishnick
(Login Spanishnick)

September 10 2016, 2:34 PM 

I can only make the final day at Lords so lots of variables could mess things up. I'm just hoping things pan out nicely and I'm there to see us lift the trophy again.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 10 2016, 2:42 PM 

It costs £100k per day to for a TV company to show live cricket. No terrestrial TV channel is going to or can commit that.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 10 2016, 4:56 PM 

How does it cost that much?

This week i understand there was a live feed from trent bridge, who paid the 400k for that?

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

September 10 2016, 5:16 PM 

Don't some teams have a single fixed camera, a bit like the highlights we see on the YCCC site, which can be viewed on You Tube or other outlets?

Ball-Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

September 10 2016, 9:11 PM 

It is my understanding .....

That no live video transmission of any "minor" ECB cricket is allowed while a "major" ECB match is being broadcast.

Or to put it another way ..... you wouldn't be able to televise a Champo game while a Test Match is on Sky.

I think even Notts have to kill their live feed to the InterWeb thingy on Test Match & other days when ECB cricket is on Sky.

...is my understanding....

Back to original question. Yes, I will be at Lord's all 4 days.

Phil

Phil
(Login PB123)

September 11 2016, 9:19 AM 

Disappointing that it's not on Sky. Anyway I'm planning to be there day three and possibly day four.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 11 2016, 3:00 PM 

It's not just disappointing, it's utterly ridiculous.

Grand finale at Lords between the best two teams in the country, no other major sport going on that week unless you count the build up to Ryder Cup and sky and the ECB can't sort out putting it on tv.

Clearly they don't want the public to see how exciting four day cricket can be.

Oh plus it's Dizzys last game.

Of course if they released Root and Bairstow then I suspect they may find a way to show it

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk