<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Book signing Monday

September 11 2016 at 1:46 PM

Dave Morton  (Login DaveMorton)

Providing there are no cock ups, and there have been a few, I will be signing copies of Sweet Shires in the Long Room.

I hope to set up just before the lunch interval and to be there for about an hour or so. Chance to say 'How do' even if you don't buy.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
EastCoastExile
(Login EastCoastExile)

Re: Book signing Monday

September 11 2016, 2:29 PM 

Dave

Congratulations on the book. I am coming up just for Tuesday's play. Will you be around then?. I'd like to say hello and buy a copy.

Jeremy aka EastCoastExile

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

September 11 2016, 2:42 PM 

I will be there, Jeremy, though I might be late, Tuesday. I share my time between North East Upper and the front of the rugby stand, near the bowler's arm. The two 'ropemen' (Alan and Ray) know who I am.

Are you going to Lord's? Because I am not, and would like to nick a couple of your photos for my Flickr site to make my season's story complete. Also, I'd love to talk cricket photography with you.

(Login EastCoastExile)

September 11 2016, 5:11 PM 

Thanks Dave. I will be loitering with camera around the front of the rugby stand and will look out for you.
I am afraid work commitments mean I can only get to the Thursday of the Lord's game. But happy to let you have a couple of pictures if any are of interest.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 11 2016, 5:21 PM 

Will see you tomorrow Dave. Our paths failed to cross for the past 4 days, although I had the book with me.

EastCoastExile
(Login EastCoastExile)

September 15 2016, 9:09 PM 

Dave - Great to meet up at Leeds on Tuesday, even it the cricket felt like an end of an era.

And to all on this site can I recommend Dave's book. Great pictures, very high production values and thoroughly enjoyable text.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 15 2016, 9:33 PM 

Also great to meet at last. Dave has allowed me to use a couple of photos for the Southern Group Newsletter so I would probably have bought a copy anyway as a thankyou, but I'm thoroughly enjoying both the photos and the text. Definitely recommended.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

September 15 2016, 9:41 PM 

Keep 'em coming, boys!

And it was great to meet up with you guys, and Old Feller, who isn't old at all, by my reckoning...

EastCoastExile
(Login EastCoastExile)

September 15 2016, 9:57 PM 

Idle Man -please feel free to use any of my pictures for the Southern Group newsletter as well. Not least since I am a member.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 15 2016, 10:06 PM 

Very many thanks.

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 16 2016, 9:51 AM 

Dave Morton (Login DaveMorton)
Posted Sep 15, 2016 9:41 PM

"Keep 'em coming, boys!

And it was great to meet up with you guys, and Old Feller, who isn't old at all, by my reckoning..."

& I used to acknowledge your judgment, I shall have to reconsider now in light of the above.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk