<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

Re: Other games

September 13 2016, 2:05 PM 

There hasn't been a wicket in two overs. The come back is on. I can feel it!

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 13 2016, 2:08 PM 

So we can add Lancashire to the list of people deliberately conspiring against us in our quest for the treble.

Can they still go down as they don't seem to be a first division outfit.

Relegated teams coached by Giles Moores and Newell all with England connections says something. Although Fraser is a selector too I suppose.

I bet Middlesex enforce the follow on.....

What's the lowest score for a batsman carrying his bat?

This message has been edited by ThirdUmpire on Sep 13, 2016 2:27 PM

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 13 2016, 2:34 PM 

Sorry Yorkshire...the pitch is a shocker. Why the hell we changed our minds at the last-minute and used a different strip, I do not know.sad.gif

It will all come out in the wash IF Giles and Croft are brave enough to "man up" to the press instead of sending out a youngster to provide obligatory quotes.

We should all have been suspicious when Lancs "weak" attack took 7 Middlesex wickets for 69 before lunch.

No excuses ...except Petersen got a shocker of a decision (caught off his pad down legside).

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 13 2016, 2:57 PM 

Why the hell is Livingstone batting at 7 btw?

I've been saying for months that Lancs were going to do a Sussex and get relegated after starting the season so strongly- admittedly partly to wind up Lancastrian friends; looks like I may be right though...

This message has been edited by _JG_ on Sep 13, 2016 2:58 PM

Old Feller
(Login Old_Feller2)

September 13 2016, 3:03 PM 

Is it true that the OT crowd is chanting "are you Yorkshire in disguise?"

(Login Lankymad)

September 13 2016, 3:16 PM 

Think we've tried him at three. He's been going in at 7 but been running our of partners, but with our batting that's pretty much the same issue is you go in at three.

We deserve to go down, mainly due to our lack of penetration bowling, but doing that and coming back up with the same team will only disguise our deficiencies. Hopefully we can dig out another 100 runs from somewhere, and hope Hammeed and Proctor can dig in when we bat again, save our season and rebuild over the winter.

Naturally next season we probably won't have Hameed, so that's another spot to fill. Gloomy as the skies above....

Could be worse, we could be Leeds ducks

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 13 2016, 4:32 PM 

raining at ot now, think that will be terminal for the day

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 13 2016, 6:46 PM 

Some good news at last - currently an absolute monsoon in manchester.
It wouldn't surprise me if there was no play at old Trafford tomorrow if it rains like this for much longer....

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 13 2016, 10:34 PM 

yep, man city v borussia was postponed for a waterlogged pitch.

Manchester is under water right now....who says God is not a Yorkshireman?

no play tomorrow would be very acceptable to us and mean that we can still redeem ourselves by winning at lords.

This message has been edited by Blackpooltyke on Sep 13, 2016 10:40 PM

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 14 2016, 8:47 AM 

Anybody know prospects of play at ot today.

last night the ground was more akin to a swimming pool than a cricket field

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

September 14 2016, 9:29 AM 

Lancashire CCC just tweeted a picture of before and after the clean up effort which would suggest they're confident that it won't be too much of a problem. It's quite impressive actually. I'm sure a lot of their club members would rather they had just left it.

This message has been edited by whiterosetom on Sep 14, 2016 9:30 AM

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

September 14 2016, 9:32 AM 

Most Test grounds have excellent drainage these days so not a surprise. Hopefully they can at least avoid the follow on.

(Login Lankymad)

September 14 2016, 9:34 AM 

It's like a desert out there!
http://weatherstation.lccc.co.uk/

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 14 2016, 9:46 AM 

if they start on time, that would be impressive.....pics don't show the water lying just below the surface

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 14 2016, 9:53 AM 

Starting on time.

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

September 14 2016, 11:37 AM 

Livingstone gone but that partnership makes things look better. The first target of avoiding the follow on has almost been achieved.

spanishnick
(Login Spanishnick)

September 14 2016, 11:46 AM 

Lancs can keep our season alive by scoring another 28 runs. Not often I'd ask owt of the red rose, but c'mon.

Lankymad
(Login Lankymad)

September 14 2016, 12:30 PM 

Yes, happy to get those 28 runs for you!
Hoping to get that first batting point too, and maybe a brown envelope stuffed with those new fivers might twist an arm to make us declare before they get their last bowling point!

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 14 2016, 12:51 PM 

Ideally you are still batting after 110 overs & they don't get the bonus point, not asking for much!

Howden73
(Login howden73)

September 14 2016, 2:27 PM 

Lancs doing their best to give you a better chance at Lord's.

Young Rob Jones, aged just 20, showing great temperament against a very strong attack after seeing his team reduced to 6 for 4.happy.gif

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk