<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

Re: Other games

September 15 2016, 2:51 PM 

Lancs as expected are gonna have a crack at this, they really have nothing to lose, will still need to draw next week, but if they pull it off today, next week becomes irrelevant to them.

Franklin knew that of course.

David
(Login dikaiopolis)

September 15 2016, 2:57 PM 

Buttler gone, Hameed in next - looks like they are battening down the hatches.

(Login Fozzie1973)

They will shut up shop now though, hope there is an early handshake in this game

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

That Jones just building pressure, pointless Buttler taking singles then him dotting it up.

(Login matthefish2002)

September 15 2016, 3:22 PM 

9 wickets needed by Middlesex in the last session.
By no means impossible but draw must be big favourite now.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 15 2016, 3:32 PM 

Lancs will also look at Durham and think that Surrey are likely to win there, easing any pressure on them to win.

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 15 2016, 3:36 PM 

Durham game in the balance now, Lancs never had any realistic chance of chasing that down unless Buttler had got 180 of them

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 15 2016, 3:37 PM 

I hope Middlesex don't win the title - what a cowardly declaration.......!
Sometimes you have to take a slight risk if you want to pursue the ultimate prize.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 15 2016, 3:59 PM 

Steve --- I hope that Somerset don`t win it either with their dodgy wickets and no points deductions, so that only leaves Yorkshire. Hope we agree on that!!

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 15 2016, 4:06 PM 

Are they dodgy wickets though or is it just a case of bastman in this country incapable of batting on wickets that favours spin

Hope they struggle to get any batting bonus points in their last game anyway, we are capable of winning at Lords if we play our best cricket but not confident of us picking up 24 points which could be required if Somerset win with maximum batting points

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 15 2016, 4:20 PM 

Surreal cheering for lancashire and surrey.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 15 2016, 4:31 PM 

Amazing reprieve for us. Lancashire 6-4, 320-odd adrift, with two and half days left. Middlesex contrive not to win from that position.

I would just play Jonny at Lords and be damned. We have allowed him to 'rest' in one game, now with Lehmann gone we need him.

(Login Fozzie1973)

September 15 2016, 4:32 PM 

Yes great effort from Lancs to give us another chance, at 8 for 4 I thought the game would be over in 3 days

Mark Smith
(Login spikeyboy60)

September 15 2016, 4:37 PM 

Lankies draw with Middx........24 pointer now please at HQ

(Login matthefish2002)

September 15 2016, 4:38 PM 

Not often I will say this by well done Lancs, some proper digging in type batting.

After this week it doesn't really feel like we deserve a chance at the Championship but I am not turning it down.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 15 2016, 4:39 PM 

If Middlesex prepare a batsmen's paradise, they risk letting Somerset win the title if they prepare a results wicket at Taunton. Could be a very interesting conclusion - just wish we had Bairstow and Lehmann available for next week's decider at Lords.

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

September 15 2016, 4:43 PM 

howden - you and your boys can take a bow

we have an unexpected chance although it takes a real leap of faith to believe we can win at lords

Papag
(Login Papag1)

September 15 2016, 4:48 PM 

I would just play Jonny at Lords and be damned. We have allowed him to 'rest' in one game, now with Lehmann gone we need him.

We have not got the bottle, we do as we are asked no arguments gentlemen ECB know best

Mark Smith
(Login spikeyboy60)

September 15 2016, 4:52 PM 

No doubt that if we did this,the ECB would find a way to deduct the requisite number of points to hand Middx the title by 1 point

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 15 2016, 5:07 PM 

OK, serious question.

what would happen if we played jb next week?

he is not on a central contract (yet)

would they be a comeback on jonny for playing

yorkshire for putting him in the side

or both....and if so what?

what could the ecb actually do about it?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk