<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Martin
(Login Martinh00)

Re: Batting Next Season

September 18 2016, 8:53 AM 

I agree that I agree that if we assume that Duckett turns out to be a second division flat track bully then playing for a first division team may improve his skill levels.

However, his logic is pretty unanswerable. I play in second division (like Cook), I have been selected to tour so they think I am good enough, I have made it playing for a second division. I love my county and don't want to move.

I would suggest the next couple of years will tell us if he is right.

The best thing about this news is that maybe mow we can stop talking about recruiting him to Yorkshire as if the only reason why we weren't able to do so was lack of will on our part in spite of several newspaper articles suggesting the lack of will was very much from his side.

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

September 18 2016, 11:02 AM 

Borthwick says in today's Mail on Sunday he had talks with both Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire before deciding to move to Surrey.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 18 2016, 11:12 AM 

Money talks. Not too bothered about Borthwick. I would have loved Steve Davies.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 18 2016, 11:50 AM 

Me too, for aesthetic reasons if nothing else- he's so good to watch when in full flow.

Gary Watton
(Login GaryFulford)

September 18 2016, 4:55 PM 

I have no problem with the tone of the original post. Leaning does need to be loaned out. Rhodes is a waste of a National Insurance number and we are carrying Gale. Why do some folk on here get touchy when Gale or some of the players are criticised? They are not relatives of yours and they would not acknowledge you if you passed them in the street. This hero worship from grown men on here towards flawed younger men is sheer stupidity. I hope Yorkshire will prevail but I don't turn a blind eye when some consistently underperform, like a certain Andrew Gale, yesterday's man. We might as well recall Michael Vaughan.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk